Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #41

Furrion sound bar does not produce any sound...am I missing something on set up? Or is there something wrong. Only sound heard is from back of tv.
jdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:03 PM   #42

I don't have a soundbar. I set the DVD, CD, entertainment center to "AV IN", turn the tv volume down and use the volume on the DVD unit. Sound coming through ceiling speakers very good
Danny Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:21 PM   #43
Alp

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampersigns.com View Post
My 2 day old 2018 Eagle 330RSTS has this system, so far not impressed, intermittent hum. I'm thinking it's not grounded or maybe interference from residential fridge inverter. Also, the ceiling speakers sound like crap/vibrate like they been blown.
The hum or buzzing you hear is coming from your LED dimmers. The dimmers use PWM (pulse wave modulation) and are feeding back electrical noise on the 12v power line. That electrical noise gets through the amp to the speakers and is now audible noise. If you turn the LEDs off completely, or turn them "FULL" on, the buzzing will stop.

I put a large inductor (2mh) in series with the 12volt line feeding the stereo on mine, and that took care of the noise. It's similar to the alternator noise that gets into your car stereo. . Jayco is aware of this issue, but they said to bring it to the dealer...easy for them to say, the dealer is 1 1/2 hours away...easier to fix it myself.
Alp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
As I write this I'm sitting in our 6 day old North Point 315RLTS which we love that has the Furrion DV1220 also. The ceiling speakers in our unit are awesome. Was able to connect to the Bluetooth setting with my Ipad and the sound is very clear and really good. I've tried everything possible to have the audio from the Furrion TV go through the DV1220 and play through the Zone 1 speakers. I suspect Jayco did not wire the TV properly to accomplish that............any thoughts?
We are now in day 6 of our 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 RLOK. I am having the same issue and can not get the Furrion DV 1220 to play the TV sound through my zone 1,2 speakers. I also have a feeling the factory installed the wiring incorrectly. I have pushed every button and tried Aux 2. Still nothing. There is an HDMI cord that is loose from the TV but the stereo is enclosed by shelving and there is no way to get to the back of this. Very frustrated at the moment.
RollinMullens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:02 PM   #45

Mine isn't the DV1220 but the Jensen, but the factory in fact did not hook up the Furrion TV just left the audio cables RCA jacks laying in the back of the unit, had to remove it from the dash to plug them in, then it worked fine. So it could very well be they just didn't hook it up, go figure!
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinMullens View Post
We are now in day 6 of our 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 RLOK. I am having the same issue and can not get the Furrion DV 1220 to play the TV sound through my zone 1,2 speakers. I also have a feeling the factory installed the wiring incorrectly. I have pushed every button and tried Aux 2. Still nothing. There is an HDMI cord that is loose from the TV but the stereo is enclosed by shelving and there is no way to get to the back of this. Very frustrated at the moment.
I know the frustration. I tried every which way to try and get the TV to the Furrion DV 1220 with no luck. I can't figure out how to get to the back of the DV 1220 either. There absolutely has to be a way to pull it out of the cabinetry.........anyone out there know how?! I gave up and purchased a sound bar that I'll be hooking up this coming weekend.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
Mine isn't the DV1220 but the Jensen, but the factory in fact did not hook up the Furrion TV just left the audio cables RCA jacks laying in the back of the unit, had to remove it from the dash to plug them in, then it worked fine. So it could very well be they just didn't hook it up, go figure!
All in All we love our Jayco North Point and can see the quality but there are some areas of production that I think are very sloppy. I contacted Jayco about sending me a wiring diagram for the way they had the TV and Furrion DV1220 hooked up and they just emailed a wiring diagram of the speaker zone system.......not what I really needed.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-04-2018, 03:10 PM   #48

Quote:
We should be so lucky! Wish we had a dangling HDMI.

I would try plugging in the HDMI cable. It may be it is connected to the dash for your DVD player. If so, that wold be far superior in sound and picture to those RCA cables.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:10 PM   #49

My TV was wired to "aux R" rear aux input.. Works well on mine. Have to press the aux button twice to get to it..
makingmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:19 PM   #50

I am having the same issue as above. Tv will not play through ceiling speakers. Followed your instruction, still nothing. I sit here starring at this thing cursing under my breath. Lol also the manual they did give me is really not that helpful. I can play radio through ceiling speakers but have not tried a dvd yet.
RollinMullens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #51

Quote:
I am having the same issue as above. Tv will not play through ceiling speakers. Followed your instruction, still nothing. I sit here starring at this thing cursing under my breath. Lol also the manual they did give me is really not that helpful. I can play radio through ceiling speakers but have not tried a dvd yet.
When you find out how to remove the DV 1220 to get to the back of it, PLEASE let me know!!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #52

I had to turn the volume on the stereo up quite a bit..
makingmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:28 PM   #53

Thanks Magic!
I have a 2017 Eagle Ht 26.5 Rlds with a Furrion 1200. I also was having trouble with getting TV to come out of the zone speakers. Changed to aux and increased volume and all work great.
djmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:26 AM   #54

I have A 39" Furrion tv which is the pop up type above my fireplace.
Solve all your TV problems buy a good set of Computer speakers with volume controls and plug them into the TV. I use Logitech Z2000, Amazon $30. They are small but put out lots of sound. I put the speaker on each side of the TV or they could be wall mounted.

I very rarely use my DV1200 so I wanted to turn it off to save power. Solved, when in doubt read the instructions. HOLD DOWN the power button for a short time until the light turns off.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
When you find out how to remove the DV 1220 to get to the back of it, PLEASE let me know!!
This is what I am looking for too! Have you or anyone figured this out?? Need to add my wireless subwoofer's box to the back.
cm2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:30 PM   #56

Found it! Very easy!
Attached Thumbnails
Furrion.jpg  
Old 11-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm2785 View Post
Found it! Very easy!
If I ever remove mine, I'm going to throw it in the trash..........it's a piece of garbage just like most Furrion products..............JMHO!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 11-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #58

I agree but what else is the same size and I’ll buy one right now
Old 12-15-2018, 07:06 PM   #59

I have a furion dv3300. The blue tooth range is 6 to 10 feet. Is that the common max or is something wrong with mine? I will be replacing it with something else if that is the best furion can do. Others advertise 33 feet commonly. Is there an external antenna I can buy? Should I fix the furion or replace it(retired from electrical/electronics so working on it isn't that big of a deal)
Rick 17RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #60

Same with the 1200. If I wander away from the trailer or close the door I lose signal.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote