Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2022, 06:40 AM   #1

Furrion Dv3300 stereo

I currently have this stereo in my 2018 26BH. The tv, dvd and CD work fine. However, I cannot get the stereo to pick up any channels all I have a static. I’ve called durian in Jayco with no luck. It sounds like an antenna issue. Should there be a cable plugged in to the stereo in the back where it says antenna? If so where is the other end of the cable go into? Thank you.
Meadows11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 05:57 PM   #2

Yes there should be a short cable plugged into the back of your stereo unit and the other end should be plugged into a wall mounted coax connection somewhere close by. This wall mounted connection module should be connected to your antennae.

If you can't find the loose cable somewhere near your stereo, check the back of your stereo unit for the type of connection and then buy a short coax cable with the correct connectors to connect the stereo to the wall mounted antenna connection. This should allow you to receive all available local channels.
Old 10-09-2022, 11:32 AM   #3

Sorry but I do not see any antenna connection where could it be? This is the
2018 26 BH . I do not see anything that I can connect into out of the stereo. Nobody seems to know where to connect it. I do have a wire coming out of the stereo a pink wire that says antenna. But I don’t know how I would connect that because I would not think that I can connect it to the stereo into the stereo from the pink wire.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:04 PM   #4

You may not have an external to the RV antennae. That pink wire is possibly the antenna. Here is a similar after market version

Jensen 8309819 Universal Wire Antenna, Works with Any Stereo, 6 Feet Long https://a.co/d/adzvB3K

Try hanging the wire down and see if you get a signal. Also if you have another portable radio handy check to see that there is a signal available.

I believe @Randal J is thinking you're not getting TV signal. I believe you are trying for terrestrial radio signal.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:03 PM   #5

I'm pretty sure I have the same radio. Here is a picture I took when I had to replace it under warranty (bluetooth wasn't working). This is everything that was hooked up to mine. I think the black cable in the bottom left is the antenna one, but it's been a long time. Hopefully this picture helps you figure out at least what should be plugged into it.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2022-10-09 11.01.13 PM.jpg  
Old 10-10-2022, 05:45 AM   #6

The pink wire marked antenna is for a power antenna, not seen much now days. According to the schematic it should have a antenna jack on the lower left corner. A previous poster had found a broken wire at the base of the antenna mount resulting in no signals. If it never has worked it's possible it's a bad unit, or more likely the antenna was never plugged in at the factory......
Attached Thumbnails
furrion-furrion-stereo-dv3300-cd-dvd-bt-w-remote.jpg  
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 06:27 AM   #7

I've uploaded the manual to our forum. Here is the link. I hope this might be helpful too.

Hmm, I notice it's not available for download until it's approved... okay, until that is working, here is a link to where I found it.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 05:18 PM   #8

Thank you!
Ok, I do not have the black cord coming out that hooks up to the antenna plug to the radio,…., where does that plug go hook up too?
My question from Furrion and Jayco, what kind of cord do I need?
Old 10-10-2022, 05:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows11 View Post
I currently have this stereo in my 2018 26BH. The tv, dvd and CD work fine. However, I cannot get the stereo to pick up any channels all I have a static. I’ve called durian in Jayco with no luck. It sounds like an antenna issue. Should there be a cable plugged in to the stereo in the back where it says antenna? If so where is the other end of the cable go into? Thank you.
This is from a Forest River forum about the same year he tried everything but (his antenna was connected in the wall where the TV booster is, no reception) he said

Well I fixed it. In another post, someone mentioned a reset. So I pressed the reset button and BAM! it scans and gets all the stations. Wish I would have found that post to begin with. I still replaced the coax cable just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for everyone working to help me resolve this issue.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows11 View Post
Thank you!
Ok, I do not have the black cord coming out that hooks up to the antenna plug to the radio,…., where does that plug go hook up too?
My question from Furrion and Jayco, what kind of cord do I need?
Have you taken it out and looked back there? Like someone else suggested, maybe it was never hooked up at the factory. I'd take it out, look at what is likely to be a rats nest of cables back there, and see if you can find the antenna cable just laying back there somewhere.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbagnall View Post
I'm pretty sure I have the same radio. Here is a picture I took when I had to replace it under warranty (bluetooth wasn't working). This is everything that was hooked up to mine. I think the black cable in the bottom left is the antenna one, but it's been a long time. Hopefully this picture helps you figure out at least what should be plugged into it.
Thank you for your response!
I was confused about the wiring…come to realize, Jayco wired it wrong! The one black wire was to yo be plugged into the antenna outlet and not the RV PLUG. Your picture clearly shows that! Thank you! I had an appt. With a dealer who would have charged me dearly for a simple issue from the dealer!
Old 10-11-2022, 06:16 PM   #12

Thank you everyone for responding to my question/issue…
Old 10-11-2022, 09:34 PM   #13

Glad to have helped. And glad I take a picture of everything before I take it apart so I know how to put it all back together again!
Old 10-15-2022, 12:15 PM   #14

We have a 2018 Jayco with the same radio. Back in 2018 it was a known failure and the radio was replaced under warranty. Everything worked but it would not receive radio stations. Quick and easy replacement. I suspect you are way out of warranty by now.
Bakedalaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 04:30 PM   #15

Also no one mentioned the power amplifier that's usually in line with the antenna to boost the radio/tv signal. There is a switch with an led to turn on the amp in most cases.
You might check around near your wiring. Look for a tiny push button switch located somewhere near the radio. If you have one, it helps a lot to pick up stations.
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote