Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2017, 11:16 PM   #1

Question Furrion TV HDMI cable connections

My Furrion TV has an HDMI cable hooked up to the back of the set and the other end goes into a hole behind the Furrion radio, what is it hooked up to?
1aauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1aauer View Post
My Furrion TV has an HDMI cable hooked up to the back of the set and the other end goes into a hole behind the Furrion radio, what is it hooked up to?
Is the Furrion Radio also a DVD player (mine is). If so, I would guess it sends the DVD output to the television.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNJanice View Post
Is the Furrion Radio also a DVD player (mine is). If so, I would guess it sends the DVD output to the television.
Yes.
Kidd280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1aauer View Post
Ah! My area of expertise!

The HDMI cable does indeed go to the head unit. I have the Furrion DV1200 in my trailer. It has something called "Smart Link" which is a gross misnomer. Smart Link sends a signal up the HDMI when you insert a disc and it turns the TV on so your movie is all ready to play. Wonderful...if you put in a movie. If you put a CD in however Smart Link still turns on the TV and readies it for a movie, and you have to wait until the CD loads and begins playback (through the TV!) before you can turn the TV off. Well, actually you CAN turn the TV off before playback begins but the DV1200 will turn it right back on. It doesn't sound like a big deal but if you want to sit outside at night and use CD's as background music, which we like to do, every time you change the disc you have to stand there like an idiot in the glare of the TV waiting for the disc to start before you can go back outside. Very annoying. The point of this discourse is this: if you like to listen to CD's in your trailer and you want the Furrion to function as a CD player normally should the work-around is to disconnect the HDMI from the TV and reconnect it when you want to play a movie. As I said, not very "Smart" and really annoying. In the Spring I'm going to pull the Furrion and replace it with a car stereo and buy a cheap Blu Ray player for movies (the Furrion is not capable of Blu Ray playback by the way).

tl/dr Yep, it goes to the head unit.
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerIsMe View Post

The HDMI cable does indeed go to the head unit. I have the Furrion DV1200 in my trailer. It has something called "Smart Link" which is a gross misnomer. Smart Link sends a signal up the HDMI when you insert a disc and it turns the TV on so your movie is all ready to play. Wonderful...if you put in a movie. If you put a CD in however Smart Link still turns on the TV and readies it for a movie, and you have to wait until the CD loads and begins playback (through the TV!) before you can turn the TV off. Well, actually you CAN turn the TV off before playback begins but the DV1200 will turn it right back on. It doesn't sound like a big deal but if you want to sit outside at night and use CD's as background music, which we like to do, every time you change the disc you have to stand there like an idiot in the glare of the TV waiting for the disc to start before you can go back outside. Very annoying. The point of this discourse is this: if you like to listen to CD's in your trailer and you want the Furrion to function as a CD player normally should the work-around is to disconnect the HDMI from the TV and reconnect it when you want to play a movie. As I said, not very "Smart" and really annoying. In the Spring I'm going to pull the Furrion and replace it with a car stereo and buy a cheap Blu Ray player for movies (the Furrion is not capable of Blu Ray playback by the way).

Interesting, I learn something new almost every time I come to these forums.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNJanice View Post
Interesting, I learn something new almost every time I come to these forums.
In case you have any further interest the cutout that the DV1200 sits in is a single DIN size. Looking at it from the outside it appears to be double DIN but that's because it has a big face.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerIsMe View Post

Haven’t ran into THAT problem...yet. My unit is so smart it has a mind of its own. At first I liked the Bluetooth connection to stream music from my device and admired the Bluetooth phone connection which works fine...a little too fine actually. When I receive an incoming call and the trailer is within Bluetooth range, the unit turns itself on (even if in an “Off” State) and becomes the default speaker. If I change my speaker options on my iPhone, the DV-1200 will randomly, after a matter of a few minutes, switch my phones audio preference back to itself and use the trailer speakers which is usually 20’-50’ away inside my locked trailer. Haven’t found a solution to this yet.
This is my second Furrion DV-1200. The 1st units DVD player wouldn’t recognize any DVD’s. I called their corporate and was shipped a new unit which I swapped out. Great Customer Service !
Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofan View Post
Haven’t ran into THAT problem...yet. My unit is so smart it has a mind of its own. At first I liked the Bluetooth connection to stream music from my device and admired the Bluetooth phone connection which works fine...a little too fine actually. When I receive an incoming call and the trailer is within Bluetooth range, the unit turns itself on (even if in an “Off” State) and becomes the default speaker. If I change my speaker options on my iPhone, the DV-1200 will randomly, after a matter of a few minutes, switch my phones audio preference back to itself and use the trailer speakers which is usually 20’-50’ away inside my locked trailer. Haven’t found a solution to this yet.
This is my second Furrion DV-1200. The 1st units DVD player wouldn’t recognize any DVD’s. I called their corporate and was shipped a new unit which I swapped out. Great Customer Service !

Funny story (funny now - not so funny at the time):

All our house wiring is underground, and about a month ago we were building a retaining wall for a new parking area when the excavator pulled up and broke our internet wire. Since the wall was going in right on top of that wire everything came to a halt while I called the internet provider to find out if maybe they had a technician somewhere close who could swing by and splice the wire for us. I'm in Pennsylvania and the provider's 800 number goes to Texas, so rather than patch me directly to someone local I had the guy in Texas acting as a middleman, and I was on the phone for a long time. Well of course it was raining and I was outside on my cell (we don't have a landline) and I moved closer to the house to get under the roof and suddenly the call cut off! I tried redialing but nothing was happening - I couldn't call out. So I got my wife to use her phone to start the whole Texas process all over again, and in the meantime we just decided to splice the wire ourselves. Still though, my phone would work everywhere except in a small area right out beside the house - right near the Jayco. Took me about a day to figure out the Furrion was taking over my phone calls, and because I had both sets of speakers turned off I never heard a thing. Man if that trench would have still been open I would have pulled that Furrion out and buried it under that wall forever. As it stands I'll just wait until Spring.

Tags
furrion, hdmi