Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2018, 03:52 PM   #1

Furrion Voice/Sound out of Sync

Has anyone had any issues with the Furrion DVD/AM/FM player (DV3300) or the Furrion TV (39") regarding the sound/voice being out of sync?

When we watch a DVD the sounds and voices do not match up with what is happening on the TV.

I contacted Furrion customer support tech services. Their service representative is telling me the input connection socket on the TV has gone bad. I figured the problem would have been the DVD player.

The unit is still under warranty and I am waiting for word back from Jayco.

I am just curious to see if anyone else had the issue and what you identified as the problem (other than it being a Furrion).

Thanks in advance for any inputs.
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:08 AM   #2

If it's similar to mine you have three options for sound and if you have more than one turned on you'll get sound through each of them. There is a selector on the front of the DVD player with options 1, 2 and 3. I believe 1 is the television, 2 is the DVD and 3 is the outside speakers. If you're watching a DVD make sure only number 1 is selected.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:16 AM   #3

I know this sounds dumb, but make sure the volume on the TV is actually turned down to zero. You can't have the TV sound on and the DVD player sound coming through the furion. They will be mis-matched.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewat View Post
I know this sounds dumb, but make sure the volume on the TV is actually turned down to zero. You can't have the TV sound on and the DVD player sound coming through the furion. They will be mis-matched.
Hmm...I'm not sure if you have to turn the volume on your television down to zero. As mentioned my DVD player has three sound output options. Option 1 is the television, option 2 is the DVD sound system and option 3 is the outside speakers. You can select or de-select which options you want to produce sound. If you de-select 1 and 3 the sound only comes through the DVD sound system regardless of the volume selection on the television. If you selection option 1 and de-select options 2 and 3 the sound only comes through the television and you have to have the television volume turned up. If you select 1 and 2 then you would have to turn the volume down to zero on the television or you're going to get conflicting sound through the television and the DVD sound system.

Explorer 03, let us know if and how you were able to get the sound to come through correctly.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 07-30-2018, 02:46 PM   #5

When I get a resolution/fix I will update the post.

Thanks for the inputs so far
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
Old 07-31-2018, 09:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
Hmm...I'm not sure if you have to turn the volume on your television down to zero. As mentioned my DVD player has three sound output options. Option 1 is the television, option 2 is the DVD sound system and option 3 is the outside speakers. You can select or de-select which options you want to produce sound. If you de-select 1 and 3 the sound only comes through the DVD sound system regardless of the volume selection on the television. If you selection option 1 and de-select options 2 and 3 the sound only comes through the television and you have to have the television volume turned up. If you select 1 and 2 then you would have to turn the volume down to zero on the television or you're going to get conflicting sound through the television and the DVD sound system.

Explorer 03, let us know if and how you were able to get the sound to come through correctly.
In our 2017 27BHS, I can turn the tv volume (on the tv itself) up and down and then also the tv sound can come through the speakers built into the ceiling (through the Furrion system). My point is that you can't have both sources sending sound out. They will be out of sync.

We have a seperate switch in the camper that turns the outside speakers on or off.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewat View Post
In our 2017 27BHS, I can turn the tv volume (on the tv itself) up and down and then also the tv sound can come through the speakers built into the ceiling (through the Furrion system). My point is that you can't have both sources sending sound out. They will be out of sync.
True. My point was (I'm not sure if this is the same system) I don't have to change the volume on the television to eliminate the sound when playing a DVD. On the DVD player I de-select option 1 (television) and selection option 2 and that will give me sound only through the stereo system regardless of the volume setting on the television. I can have both option 1 and 2 selected but as you said, the sound will be out of sync coming through the television.

Does you DVD player give you options for which system produces sound (television, inside stereo speakers and outside speakers)?

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 07-31-2018, 09:56 AM   #8

2edgesword,
My DVD player has Zoned buttons A & B, I have a rocker switch totally separate of the DVD player to select the outside speakers. The zoned buttons are used to select the two inside zones play inside trailer.
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
Old 07-31-2018, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer03 View Post
2edgesword,
My DVD player has Zoned buttons A & B, I have a rocker switch totally separate of the DVD player to select the outside speakers. The zoned buttons are used to select the two inside zones play inside trailer.
O.K. It looks like between the three of us we're talking three different systems. If I'm understanding this correctly the zone buttons on your DVD have nothing to do with the sound coming from your television. If that's the case then as andrewat said you'd have to turn the television volume all the way down or else you'll get sound from the television and one or both of the trailer speaker zones A & B.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 07-31-2018, 12:17 PM   #10

I have taken note of all the suggestions and will pull the trailer to the house in a little over a week to run through all of them. I leave for Jamaica in a couple of days to celebrate my daughter's ' 16th birthday and will not be back until 12 Aug.

I plan on doing a complete run down of all the different settings to isolate or fix the problem.

Thanks again for the suggestions and inputs. When I figure it out I will post it the fix.
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
Old 07-31-2018, 01:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer03 View Post
2edgesword,
This is what i have as well. Zones A and B only select which speakers to send sound to. The Furrion system doesn't control the TVs actual speaker at all.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:08 PM   #12

Just an FYI that I was wrong about my sound system. You do have to turn the television volume all the way down if you only want to hear sound through the trailer speakers. Sorry about the misinformation.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 08-16-2018, 06:26 AM   #13

I was finally able to pull the trailer to the house after my return from Jamaica and run through the suggestions provided. I am happy to say the problem is solved. The main problem was as suggested just a matter of turning the TV volume down and solely relining on the DVD player for all functions.

Once again thank you for all the suggestions and possible fixes.
CMSgt USAF (Ret)