Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2020, 09:37 PM   #1

Gasket(rubber seal) on inside over slide out

Since first day of delivery of 2019 24 rbs the gasket on inside of slide out on top has come loose. Dealer has attempted to repair not replace but staple and 2nd time staple and glue. Now 3rd time its at dealership 2 weeks and no response on any repair. Anyone else have same problem. Thanks
Dooney1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:15 PM   #2

I have not had mine come loose on the inside but I did on the outside and that happened a year ago with no replacement as of yet! (Dealer's fault, not mine). Lucky for me, I am diligent to examine my trailer regularly and noticed the seal had started to come off the trailer on each corner of my large pull out. Can you imagine the water damage something like that could create? Anyhow, I repaired it myself with the understanding my dealer would replace the seal this past summer but nope," they dropped the ball "even though I reminded them on a couple of occasions and a technician had even measured the opening in August. Not impressed! Make sure you remain very persistent to get it dealt with!
BrendaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:52 AM   #3

If you are talking about the bulb seal on the inside top of the slide opening then yes. This seal is mainly to prevent cold (or hot) drafts and bugs from outside. There is no water intrusion in this location. I took a side cutter and nipped a little hole in the outer bulb part of the seal. Then I inserted some some small screws through the hole and into the back where the seal fits into the track. This allows the bulb to by fully formed (not compressed by the screw) and holds the seal into the track.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:03 AM   #4

Perhaps you mean the slide out wipe seal that runs the entire top and sides of the slide out cavity?
Old 11-07-2020, 08:06 AM   #5

Thanks that’s it the top inside seal does the top trim come off for easy access
Old 11-08-2020, 09:26 AM   #6

Thanks DanNJanice I notice you have top wood trim removed for easy access. How did you remove yours?
Old 11-12-2020, 10:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney1960 View Post
Thanks DanNJanice I notice you have top wood trim removed for easy access. How did you remove yours?
Actually I did not remove the trim around the inside. I just ran the slide in part way so I could get at it. It was kind of a pain.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:01 PM   #8

Happens on ours a couple times a year I think they stick to the slide out and are pulled loose when you pull them in, step stool and slide part way in and work it back in a pain but not difficult.
djcoop52 is offline   Reply With Quote