Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akraft View Post
That is barely enough to run your AC. I have a portable solar panel with two 215 amp-hr batteries that will run all but the AC and the sun is free and the batteries are quiet. Generators are loud. You might want to get solar and only run the generator when it is hot.
I have no problem at all running my 15k A/C with a micro Air Softstart installed on (1) 2000 watt Yamaha Generator running in Economy mode.
Sometimes, if I am going to have lights on and the TV, then I
I will run my 2 2000 watt Yamahas in parallel.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:43 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanTraveler View Post
The Hard start is the same as what you call a "micro air soft start" as it is a capacitor that stores energy locally at the unit, then releases it to start the compressor.
Sorry, but this isn't true at all. MicroAir asks that you take OFF any hard start capacitor before installing their system. Their system isn't a capacitor. Completely different system that learns how your AC starts, then ramps each cycle up to minimize the huge current draw that AC systems have on start up. You can run a typical 13.5 RV Ac unit on a Honda 2000K in Economy mode using one of the MicrAir systems installed on the AC unit. 4 wire installation most people can do themselves. It will not hurt the compressor or any other parts of the AC unit. Search for them and read the reviews....
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:58 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoarizona View Post
Sorry, but this isn't true at all. MicroAir asks that you take OFF any hard start capacitor before installing their system. Their system isn't a capacitor. Completely different system that learns how your AC starts, then ramps each cycle up to minimize the huge current draw that AC systems have on start up. You can run a typical 13.5 RV Ac unit on a Honda 2000K in Economy mode using one of the MicrAir systems installed on the AC unit. 4 wire installation most people can do themselves. It will not hurt the compressor or any other parts of the AC unit. Search for them and read the reviews....
VideoArizona is correct in removing the hard Start Capacitor.
AND, yes, the Micro Air is easy to install.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote