Originally Posted by Mark Potts
First boondocking trip. Bought pair of Predator 2000s to run 13500BTU AC. Kid at Harbor Freight couldn't answer these, and no mgr.!
1. Do I need to protect it from rain? How do you do that while running (bed of pickup).
2. How do you charge trailer batteries with generator?
3. Wise to use surge protector?
Jayco Jayflight 21QB
1. I run my generator at the rear of my truck bed, under my tonneau cover with the tailgate open. If it's windy and some spray is getting on the generator, I move it further forward in the truck bed.
2. As Fr8Train said, your converter/charger should charge your trailer batteries anytime you are connected to shore power or your generator.
3. I haven't used my surge protector with my generator, but you could if you wanted to.
Sherm & Terry w/rescue Eydie (min Schnauzer) & Charley (std Poodle)
SOLD:2015 Jay Flight 27RLS, GY Endurance (E), Days: 102 '15, 90 '16, 80 '17, 161 '18, 365+ '20
SOLD: 2006 Ford F350 PSD, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, Camper pkg., 375,000mi
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!