Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #21

After you buy and before you take delivery do your walk through and demo with a certified RV inspector.
Worth every penny.
Can’t stress this enough..
Tinyhse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorbackFan View Post
Thanks for the reply Mr. Finnish Ohio!
We just came back from Columbus. My mother in law live there. Husband went to Ohio University! Some of my best friends are from Finland! A steaming sauna and jump in a cold lake is delightful!
Ahh, you forgot the cold beer!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Do you have children, or is it just the two of you?
We like our Jayflight. We chose it over the Jayfeather for two reasons.
1. It was less expensive
2. We read that it would hold up better over time, especially in our hot climate.

We aren't the type to replace things often. We try to make them last. So it made better sense to us.
To Octopus Prime:
Thanks for the tip. We also tend to keep things for the long haul! Just replaced our 20 + year old living room set! So the one we buy will be the one we keep. It's just the two of us. I plan to retire from teaching in 2 more years. The husband soon after. Grandkids can sleep on the couch, and then a tent when they get 10 or so! hah.
RazorbackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
If it were me, I would go for the JayFeather. Don't let the siding be the deciding factor. They both have their advantages. Go with floor plan of your choice.

Yes..... Both have the same floor plan (pretty much) I've gotten alot of good advice from everyone. This site is going to be full of my new best friends!
Old 01-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettt View Post
Welcome we do not have either model,wish we opted for on board genny! Thanks
Beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasFeather17 View Post
We have owned both the 24rl and now the 27rl both are great trailers the 27 for us has been super mainly because you are able to entertain guest very comfortably. It handles fantastic behind a Ford F150 Ecoboost. Colorado mountain tested. Either trailer , I believe would serve you will depending on your needs. Go Hogs Go PS: I know a excellent dealer if your interested.
Hello Arkansas Feather,
Thanks for your input. It's much appreciated. I think we found a dealer in Carthage Missouri that doesn't nickel and dime you to death on fees and surcharges.(Coachlight RV) It looks like you are in El Dorado- which is super far from us. (Bentonville, Bella Vista)
Old 01-14-2019, 10:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorbackFan View Post
We built a garage on our property. So it should be ok for the majority of the time. But it’s something to think about once we retire and get out more! #cantwait!
We built a 40x14x17’ cover. Way overkill but you never know
Old 01-15-2019, 11:01 AM   #28

$7k savings might make the 2018 23RL the one to go for. The bed end in our 17' 23RL does get irritating at times but very doable, wife just uses the bath door to come & go from her side. Other advantage I see with the new 24RL is the outdoor storage doors, quite a bit bigger to get items in & out where out 17' has really small doors which are a pain and limit what will fit. The furnace floor ducting looks to be better as well. Ours has only the one discharge into the living area through the cabinet face and the bedroom doesn't warm up like we'd like. Another nice feature we don't have is the outdoor fridge space, although I would use it for added storage and dump the fridge. The couch is not that great so the theater seating option is one I would go for even with the added cost. Good luck in deciding, you'll be happy no matter.
Grumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:22 PM   #29

We have the 2019 27RL and really enjoy it. The large storage doors make it easy to store stuff under the bed.
Having had trailers with the small storage doors made me appreciate that feature.
We did have another manufacturers 19 ft trailer that had the queen bed with no wall between it and the living area. The 27RL took care of that. The one thing that can be an issue is if someone is in the bathroom and someone needs to go from bedroom to living area, they have to go through the bathroom.
But with just the two of us it works good.
Overall we are happy with out Jayfeather and have added several modifications to make it our own.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #30

We just finished our fourth trip in our 2018 245 RLS and have been delighted with our choice.

We wish it had an electric/gas water heater. It is only gas. We added the electric tongue jack. After one trip DW insisted that the comforter be replaced. I also replaced the kitchen faucet. The plastic one that came on the trailer required two hands to operate.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
We just finished our fourth trip in our 2018 245 RLS and have been delighted with our choice.

We wish it had an electric/gas water heater. It is only gas. We added the electric tongue jack. After one trip DW insisted that the comforter be replaced. I also replaced the kitchen faucet. The plastic one that came on the trailer required two hands to operate.

Congratulations!! Glad you found the one.

We also replaced the bedspread. We went with a coverlet from Walmart. It doesn’t slide off the bed like the one Jayco put in there.
Honestly, I would rather them put in other little upgrades than include the comforter. I don’t know if anyone really keeps it.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:50 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
If it were me, I would go for the JayFeather. Don't let the siding be the deciding factor. They both have their advantages. Go with floor plan of your choice.
Personally in my opinion, siding is the major deciding factor, with aluminum, if it gets damaged by hail, it is an insurance claim, and the dinged aluminum still holds out water, where as the fiberglass walls often have delamination issues, maybe if lucky it’s a warranty issue, but most often it is out of warranty, and is caused by moisture, once it starts, it grows.

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #33

Thanks. I may just tell them not to bother with the comforter. Not all of the models have them it seems. I'd be just as happy with a blanket from Walmart.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:55 PM   #34

Re: the comforter. Our dog loves the comforter on the couch when folded down. We use a down one during the Winter and a cooler on during the Summer.
Semix-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:12 PM   #35

We donated both the comforter and pillows they had in there. It’s really not a bad looking comforter, but it is silky and it kept sliding off the bed, blocking the heater vent (I felt it was a safety hazard AND I wanted the heat blowing.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 04:14 PM   #36

We just purchased a 19 jayflight 245 rlsw rocky mountain edition. We were in the same boat as you trying to decide between this and the feather 24rl. The 24rl has fiberglass and a bigger storage door but the gvwr is 6500 which means lower ccc. The flight had a higher ccc. The rocky mountain edition has a bigger fridge and gas/elec water heater and few other things that the feather has. The price was just right we couldn't pass it up. Whatever you decide you will love it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190125_120518.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	46772
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
We just purchased a 19 jayflight 245 rlsw rocky mountain edition. We were in the same boat as you trying to decide between this and the feather 24rl. The 24rl has fiberglass and a bigger storage door but the gvwr is 6500 which means lower ccc. The flight had a higher ccc. The rocky mountain edition has a bigger fridge and gas/elec water heater and few other things that the feather has. The price was just right we couldn't pass it up. Whatever you decide you will love it. Attachment 46772
Thanks Steevo. You were in the exact same boat as us. I'm not sure where you live, but I don't think our area has the Rocky Mountain Edition. We are in Arkansas. We are kind of leaning towards the fiberglass. The weights aren't THAT much different. We'll keep it in a garage, so the only time it will see the sunlight is when we camp, and it won't be fulltime. I do appreciate you responding though. I love the floor plan. I think it offers the best space for the small size.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
We donated both the comforter and pillows they had in there. It’s really not a bad looking comforter, but it is silky and it kept sliding off the bed, blocking the heater vent (I felt it was a safety hazard AND I wanted the heat blowing.

Haha.. I've already decided I don't want the comforter! Which is something I completely overlooked. One dealer charges $100 for it. The other has it included. Either way, they can give it to someone else as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:10 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semix-Hex View Post
Re: the comforter. Our dog loves the comforter on the couch when folded down. We use a down one during the Winter and a cooler on during the Summer.
Awesome. The dog is happy!

Tags
jayfeather 24rl, jayflight 245rls