Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #1

Question Glacier package- what temps?

A salesman told me that the glacier package insulation makes the outside under belly good down to 0*. He said its on the Jayco web site. I can't find it. We were in our Jay flight in Arizona this past week and the temps were down to the teens. I figured when I buy another trailer that I would get tank heaters.
The sales guy said I did not need it. Mmmm? I put anti freeze in the tanks after emptying them and did not use the black tank or run water until it warmed up. This made it a pain in the butt. Did not want my valves to freeze. Where does it say what temps the glacier package is good for on the White Hawks?
Maddawg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:47 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
I asked our salesman about the glacier packs and he said the underbelly was heated and better insulated
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:53 PM   #3

I don't have a White Hawk but I think it not likely for Jayco to print about how low the temps can get without the pipes freezing. Reason being, it depends on the person using the camper. The furnace must be run in order for the "basement" area to stay warm and some people use electric heaters so that does nothing to warm the pipes underneath. Wind also can affect how cold it becomes in the underbelly. I've camped in temps down into the low 20s and done nothing other than unhook the outside water line and everything was fine. I would probably do what you did if I ever camped when temps get down to 0...but then again, I probably would not go camping when it's that cold .

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #4

On my White Hawk the glacier package consists of a furnace duct to the underbelly and a can of spray foam surrounding the hole the tank drains come through. The plastic underbelly doesn't have any insulation on it. The fresh, black, and gray tanks are all in a "heated" space technically. I've had mine out down to 20 at night but I think zero would be too cold.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #5

How can you tell when a salesman is lying?

His lips are moving.

All seriousness aside, my experience with sales people have been either they are lying or they simply don't know their product.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #6

I've heard them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
How can you tell when a salesman is lying?

His lips are moving.

All seriousness aside, my experience with sales people have been either they are lying or they simply don't know their product.
I've had a long career in sales. There is an old adage the goes "buyers are liars". Just sayin'. I can't tell you how many times I've met all the customers criteria whether it be monthly payment or condition of a trade in. Excellent and Pristine are usually at best in "fair to middlin" condition. And then there is the old "if you can get my payment to 235.00 per month with zero cash out of pocket, I will shake your hand". You get that payment to fit their budget exactly and all of a sudden they have a "roast in the oven". Or there is the old "We have ice cream in the trunk and we don't want it to melt". I keep a spoon handy just for that one and they never accept my offer to use it. Now mind you, not all customers are that way just like all sales consultants aren't that way. So how do I know when a customer is lying? Simple. They are vegetarians who cook roast, refuse my spoon and want something for nothing.
Sparkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #7

If you don't have dual pane windows and an insulated slide out floor then all the other insulation won't matter. It's like having the front door open in your house.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 04:34 AM   #8

Used search and resurrecting an oldie here.

Is there any update on the Glacier package? The spec sheet on our 21MML includes the package, so I’m curious to know what to do to benefit from it.

Thanks in advance,

Rick
wordsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote