Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #1

Gray Tanks

I took out my new 34RSBS this weekend, and it appears all the gray water is going into one of the two tanks. Is there something I'm doing wrong? The dealer had said one was for the shower/bathroom and one for the kitchen. Thanks.
TxHoo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:45 AM   #2

I have a 26rks and on mine the bathroom shower and sink go into one grey tank and only the kitchen sink into the other. It takes a long time for the kitchen sink to register on the level indicator.
don648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:47 AM   #3

I forgot to mention the kitchen tank seems to drain a lot slower than the bathroom tank.
don648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHoo83 View Post
I took out my new 34RSBS this weekend, and it appears all the gray water is going into one of the two tanks. Is there something I'm doing wrong? The dealer had said one was for the shower/bathroom and one for the kitchen. Thanks.
Your shower will put a lot more water in vs your kitchen, so the indicators will show it sooner. Also, your indicators should work OK since your unit is brand new, but tank level indicators are notoriously unreliable so even new, they may not be telling you the real situation. I'm guessing your tanks are working fine. Depending on how often you shower and how much water you use, that tank may fill up VERY fast.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #5

Gray Tanks

The way I found out it was all in one place was that I opened the valve for the front gray tank (indicator said was empty) and nothing came out. I then closed that one and opened the valve near the middle and it drained. Essentially, the front tank doesn't seem to get anything in it and we used both the shower and the kitchen. My expectation was for the tank in front to have a bunch of water in it since the dealer said this was where the shower went.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #6

I also have a 34RSBS and ran in to the same issue. my dealer also stated that one tank was for the kitchen and the other for the bath/shower. He obviously didn't know what he was talking about. After numerous calls to Jayco Customer Service, I was able to get to someone that was able to clarify. The front tank is actually plumbed for a washer. If you look in the front storage on the door side of the unit you will probably be able to see the pipe running up under the shelves on the front corner. The TW is heavy on this unit to begin with so, I couldn't imagine ever wanting to add a washer.I did receive a schematic for the unit and have attached it to this post. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0063074_E_1-2_060515.pdf (165.3 KB, 79 views)
Old 02-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #7

Just had an interesting conversation with my dealer service department. They just found out this past week that the second tank is there as part of the pre-plumbing for a washer and dryer in the bedroom. That explains why the front tank was empty (since we have no washer/dryer). Thanks to all for your comments and information.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #8

Glad you got it figured out. Welcome aboard
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
I also have a 34RSBS and ran in to the same issue. my dealer also stated that one tank was for the kitchen and the other for the bath/shower. He obviously didn't know what he was talking about. After numerous calls to Jayco Customer Service, I was able to get to someone that was able to clarify. The front tank is actually plumbed for a washer. If you look in the front storage on the door side of the unit you will probably be able to see the pipe running up under the shelves on the front corner. The TW is heavy on this unit to begin with so, I couldn't imagine ever wanting to add a washer.I did receive a schematic for the unit and have attached it to this post. Hope this helps.
Just shows that the experts at Jayco are a better source than us (ahem) experts here on the forum. Although it seems silly to have a GW tank that isn't being used at all if you don't install a washer.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:46 PM   #10

By the look of all the drain valves, it seems like you can equalize your grey water tanks pretty easily.

Valterra T58 RV Twist on 3" Sewer Hose Waste Valve | eBay
You could buy this valve that goes on where your sewer hose hooks up. Using that valve to equalize/combine the tanks.

To combine them, you would keep the new valve closed. Keep the black water valve closed. Open the general grey water tank valve, then open the washer grey water tank valve.
Then you would essentially have one large grey water tank.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Reese SC Weight Distrubition with sway control (12,000lb)
Jhowemca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:12 AM   #11

Thanks. That's the approach we're taking.

Tags
34rsbs, gray tank