Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2020, 04:08 PM   #1

Grill hook up

Hey everyone!! I am trying to stop using those 1lb tanks and hook up to my main propane tanks. I have no factory quick connect and will be removing one of the plugs underneath. I have no idea what I need to get and have been researching for a couple hours. I am getting confused and would appreciate every ones input.
Tbeuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #2

These guys will help you out. https://propanegear.com/

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:22 PM   #3

I went the route of tapping inline with my rig's propane long time ago. Then I started hauling a 5 pound tank and running my bbq and lantern off of it with a pole. Now that I have nice LEDs under my awning I no longer use a lantern and pole.

Hauling the extra tank got to be a pain for just a bbq. My latest method of fueling my bbq is to use refillable cylinders that I refill from my 5 pound tank before each trip. I have a couple of the bottles that can be refilled and it is working out quite nicely. No long hoses to connect to either the coach or other big tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:25 PM   #4

Just splice into the propane line after the regulator. Simply add a Tee fitting, reattach the line you removed to the Tee. Now add piping to the new outlet the tee gives you and plumb to where you want your quick connect.

Make sure you use plumbers tape rated for gas or pipe dope.

SHINESTAR 12 FT RV Propane Quick Connect Hose with 1/4inch Male Plug for LP Low Pressure System, Quick Disconnect https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076WHLPXG..._6cd2EbACSWJBB

DOZYANT 3/8 Inch Natural Gas Quick Connect Fittings,LP Gas Propane Hose Quick Disconnect Kit, 100% Solid Brass https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HSYWD3..._Wdd2EbX5H3TWE
Old 06-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #5
Site Team

Do a little more research before you start disconnecting pipes. Be aware that when you finish adding a QC connector on your rig and extend it to your LP device it must be equipped to work off low pressure (regulated) propane.

If you are twisting 1 lb tanks on it now you will need to modify the grill to remove it's own regulator. Twice regulated LP will not burn as hot as what you have now.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:08 AM   #6

Refer to the sticky at the top of this section: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ect-26080.html
It has a lot of info on re-plumbing grills for low pressure.
Moderator on Hi-Lo Trailer Forum
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:31 AM   #7

Check out the links folks included above. I modified my Weber Q several years ago to use my camper quick connect and it was a great decision - so much more convenient and basically an endless supply of propane. I was a little nervous about making propane modifications but follow these suggestions and use a leak checking fluid on your connections to be sure.
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurugger View Post
Check out the links folks included above. I modified my Weber Q several years ago to use my camper quick connect and it was a great decision - so much more convenient and basically an endless supply of propane. I was a little nervous about making propane modifications but follow these suggestions and use a leak checking fluid on your connections to be sure.
Also modified a Q and agree. One other point, white plumbers tape is not for use on propane connections. Use the yellow LP tape on the fitting connections.

https://www.amazon.com/Gasoila-Yello...1367128&sr=8-3
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:44 PM   #9

I was able to grab some pictures of my setup. It’s not hard , I bought everything from HD except the quick connect.
Attached Thumbnails
1985A7D2-66B7-4EEE-9A52-8E82BCD97084.jpg   490E45CB-BC2D-4995-B83B-9350B8500BDE.jpg   27798CBD-C50A-4D20-9BA4-E48539C5D792.jpg