Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 29
Grill to use with quick connect

So, new 23rb ordered April 10, waiting to find out arrival date. Did not order the bumper grill option, seemed a lot of people weren't fond of it and not worth the extra cost.
That said, anyone have recommendations on a table top grill that can be hooked up to the quick connect on the trailer? We have an awesome stainless table that we bring camping that will hold a table top set up, so just looking for the right grill to hook up to the quick connect.
__________________

__________________
2017 JayFlight 23RB
2007 Totoya Tundra Crew Cab 5.7L V8
Me, DH, DS x 2
Square Dance Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Camping Grandpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Out west somewhere
Posts: 397
We have a Weber "Q" series BBQ. Had it for almost 10 years and love it. Haven't bothered figuring out how to connect to the quick connect on our new 321 yet though.
Grill is nice size, easy to clean and the side shelves fold nicely into the grill when closed up. They're rather spend your but really nice.
Enjoy your new camper!
__________________

Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SLC
Posts: 56
Grill to use with quick connect

I have a Weber Q1000. Got it a month or so after I got the trailer. Used the 1lb bottles with it for a season. This season, I purchased a quick connect hose and the fittings to convert the Q1000 to the quick connect. I purchased the hose and separate male Quick Connect barb on Amazon. I purchased a 1/4 to 1/8 brass connector and female to female brass connector from Lowes. Used it a few times this year and it's great. Really nice not to have to pack the 1lb bottles and cool to use the already onboard LP for cooking outside.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2016 Jayflight 28BHBE Fiberglass/Elite
2014 F-150 4x4 Supercrew, Eco-Boost, Max Tow
pman1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Northern CT
Posts: 219
I run a camp chef two burner stove off my quick connect. Had to do a few mods because the factory quick connect didn't match up with the aftermarket hose I had. It was pretty simple to buy a hose and coupler to replace the factory one and hook up any gas cooker from there. I have a post about how I did it for reference. Good luck!
__________________
2013 Jay Flight 26BH
2008 Nissan Armada LE 4x4
KiltDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Camping Grandpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Out west somewhere
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman1088 View Post
I have a Weber Q1000. Got it a month or so after I got the trailer. Used the 1lb bottles with it for a season. This season, I purchased a quick connect hose and the fittings to convert the Q1000 to the quick connect. I purchased the hose and separate male Quick Connect barb on Amazon. I purchased a 1/4 to 1/8 brass connector and female to female brass connector from Lowes. Used it a few times this year and it's great. Really nice not to have to pack the 1lb bottles and cool to use the already onboard LP for cooking outside.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guess I need to get the hose and fittings to replace the 1lb bottles. They're a bit of a pain to pack and haul around. Did the fittings from Lowes replace the Weber regulator?
Thanks
__________________
Me and my beautiful wife. Really close to retirement and can hardly wait!

2016 Eagle 321RSTS. MorRyde pin box. 12cu ft refer. Slide toppers and second awning.

2014 Silverado Duramax. Crew cab short box. Reese Titan 16K slider. Air bags.
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:21 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SLC
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Grandpa View Post
Guess I need to get the hose and fittings to replace the 1lb bottles. They're a bit of a pain to pack and haul around. Did the fittings from Lowes replace the Weber regulator?

Thanks


The Weber has a 1/8 male NPT nipple that shows once their regulator is removed. I connected the 1/8 to 1/4 brass connector, leaving me with a male 1/4 brass NPT nipple. Then added the 1/4 female/female fitting, then the male quick connect. I did this to get the adapter out from the controls a little. The LP that comes out of the trailer connector is regulated by the trailer LP Regulator and seems to burn my food as good as before .

When you are testing your connection, remember the Weber Q naturally had very low (short) visible flame coming from its burner bar.

I would post a picture, but my grill is in my trailer at the dealers for service.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2016 Jayflight 28BHBE Fiberglass/Elite
2014 F-150 4x4 Supercrew, Eco-Boost, Max Tow
pman1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:40 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Camping Grandpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Out west somewhere
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman1088 View Post
The Weber has a 1/8 male NPT nipple that shows once their regulator is removed. I connected the 1/8 to 1/4 brass connector, leaving me with a male 1/4 brass NPT nipple. Then added the 1/4 female/female fitting, then the male quick connect. I did this to get the adapter out from the controls a little. The LP that comes out of the trailer connector is regulated by the trailer LP Regulator and seems to burn my food as good as before .

When you are testing your connection, remember the Weber Q naturally had very low (short) visible flame coming from its burner bar.

I would post a picture, but my grill is in my trailer at the dealers for service.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the breakdown. I'll go buy the parts and get it done. Gotta take it apart and scare out the spider that built a web in there any way.
__________________
Me and my beautiful wife. Really close to retirement and can hardly wait!

2016 Eagle 321RSTS. MorRyde pin box. 12cu ft refer. Slide toppers and second awning.

2014 Silverado Duramax. Crew cab short box. Reese Titan 16K slider. Air bags.
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:48 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SLC
Posts: 56
The parts from Amazon are:

Camco LP Hose

and

Male Quick Connect Adapter

These items were plug and play with the hoses/connection that came stock on my 2016 28BHBE. Don't forget the gas line pipe tape!
__________________
2016 Jayflight 28BHBE Fiberglass/Elite
2014 F-150 4x4 Supercrew, Eco-Boost, Max Tow
pman1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
North of 49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 697
I liked the mod to our Weber Q1000 so much, I went and did the same thing to a portable propane fire pit, and added a longer hose. It works great.
__________________
Geoff & Jill
& Sierra, the little white monster
2013 Ford F-150 XTR SC Ecoboost
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:14 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Greenbush, NY
Posts: 642
I modified my Coleman Roadtrip grill and a smaller Coleman tabletop grill (no longer made) to both run from the low pressure connection. Bought the fittings to make a valved wye, as well, so that I can use both simultainiosly.
__________________

__________________
Be Safe, and Everyone Goes Home,
Rick

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.