Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2019, 07:08 AM   #21

And what is installed in the a/c units ie stock/ hard start capacitor/micro air
Gizmopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:17 AM   #22
dee

Yes, it will start in economy. I had a hard start cap on the front 13.5k, but did t notice a difference so removed it. The only time it wouldn’t start is when I accidentally had both a/c’s on. I have a progressive EmS as well. So the gen runs a couple of minutes before seing the load.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee View Post
Yes, it will start in economy. I had a hard start cap on the front 13.5k, but did t notice a difference so removed it. The only time it wouldn’t start is when I accidentally had both a/c’s on. I have a progressive EmS as well. So the gen runs a couple of minutes before seing the load.
If you installed the micro-air on both of your A/C’s your generator at least using gas should be able to run both simultaneously with some extra room. Both of yours should be about 12 and 10.5 or 22.5 (2700 watts) total (not counting your converter) it would be close to your max on propane of running watts 2790 so almost any 12 volt appliance would cause your converter to go over your propane max.

If you wanted it all WestingHouse just released the iGen 4500 dual fuel that would support everything even on propane and it has remote start and it is much quieter 52db vs 59db.

I see a 12 amp load per Mach 15k on my ems with the micro-air and 0 surge when the compressor starts so 24 amps when both are running and both compressors are running on my iGen4500 in eco mode it also is a slow ramp up for each 12 amp load.
Gizmopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #24

I used that one on my jay FEATHER 25F 2008 AND IT WORS WELL:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
serge90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:00 AM   #25

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibra0078 View Post
Looking in getting a champion 3400watt generator inverter so we can use it with our 30amp jayco. I also want to install a hard start capacitor and unfortunately I don't have the camper with me so I don't know the make/model of the AC unit. I know the thermostat was a Colman before I replaced it.

Can anybody let me know what hard start capacitor they used for their jayco? The instructions look pretty simple to install, where it only requires two leads to be connected.

Thanks
Been down that road and chased hard starts all over the US in order to get my unit to fire up when boondocking from my Onan 2500 genset.

Turns out the mfg os the AC unit is not but about 1 ½ hr from where I live and it just so happens I have business regularly in the business park where they are.

So a stop got me some face time with on the engineers and he told this engineer why I needed a hard start when I did not used to. Simple, the unit is getting old and the older it gets the harder to start. I told him I must have used a dozen Hard Starts all guaranteed to start it and none of them would. He said your unit must be heading towards 10 years of age...YEA! Your best bet is to just replace it as sooner or later it won't start even off the 30 amp post in the RV park (where it starts fine). I said thanks and headed home.

BUT I am an engineer and this nagged at me like an X wife. Then one morn about 3 am as I laid there in bed trying to figure out a solution to the challenge. Then about 3:20 it hit me, so I jumped up, threw on some clothes and headed to the barn.

I shut everything down, disconnected my 30 amp cable and flipped the switch to go all battery power. I hit the switch on the AC unit and instantly it came on. I let it run for a moment, started my genset and turn off my battery power. AC kept blowing cold....Hard Start, don't need no stinkin hard start.

As for the Softstart, maybe, but at $300++ I cannot justify that cost, when I can replace my AC unit for less than a grand when it finally dies.
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
(snip)

I shut everything down, disconnected my 30 amp cable and flipped the switch to go all battery power. I hit the switch on the AC unit and instantly it came on. I let it run for a moment, started my genset and turn off my battery power. AC kept blowing cold....Hard Start, don't need no stinkin hard start.

A
It is surprising how many watts the electrical converter consumes -- especially if the battery is charging. I just hate getting on my knees to flip that breaker!
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
It is surprising how many watts the electrical converter consumes -- especially if the battery is charging. I just hate getting on my knees to flip that breaker!
Mine is easy to get at or as easy as it comes. The ENTIRE RV industry seems to have no idea where or how to put all the switches we need. They seem to be scattered all over the place...and what is this deal with NO lighted switches when on???? We replaced ours with lighted ones, about $30 bucks.
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #28

I used the spp6 hard start in both my ac .was about ten bucks
Wrencher is offline   Reply With Quote