Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #11

I went with pole mounted unit. I debated hardware for theft prevention, but after 3+ years using it I realize I'm no longer concerned with theft. Heck my yeti cooler costs more than an EMS and I don't lock it up. Same with my weber Q200. So theft is a reality of life, but I wouldn't allow that to be the decision maker for choosing hardwire or pole mount.

Now recently I saw pictures of a unit that was fried from some voltage spike. That unit I would not have wanted in my TT, so I will stick with a pole mount.

clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #12

I guess we all have our preferences as to an outside or inside mount. I'm careful about making it too easy for thieves so I chose the inside mount. Had to get into a cramped space under the frig but I'm good with that as I know I installed it right. Also, the remote readout constantly displays several messages in red so I can easily see if there's a problem. I feel much better knowing the Progressive EMS HW30C will protect the TT in many ways.
Happy RVing,
Jeff

havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #13

cosmo - I looked at 27RLS at dealer near me. It was equipped with a quick disconnect type of outlet for the power cable, so you won't need to do that mod.

The inside table is pretty small but the EMS should fit inside it ok.
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
I went with pole mounted unit. I debated hardware for theft prevention, but after 3+ years using it I realize I'm no longer concerned with theft. Heck my yeti cooler costs more than an EMS and I don't lock it up. Same with my weber Q200. So theft is a reality of life, but I wouldn't allow that to be the decision maker for choosing hardwire or pole mount.

Now recently I saw pictures of a unit that was fried from some voltage spike. That unit I would not have wanted in my TT, so I will stick with a pole mount.
I agree. I have seen too many electrical devices fried over the years and I prefer a protective device to be outside. After 5 years full time use my EMS is still with me. I do use a chain to lock it to the power pole, but I have never had anyone even ask what it was.

I am so concerned about power issues, I will absolutely NEVER plug in to a power pole without my EMS. If it ever has to go back for warranty work I have a spare one in a box that will be put into service. Expensive yes, but much cheaper than damage to my rig.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk 96 View Post
cosmo - I looked at 27RLS at dealer near me. It was equipped with a quick disconnect type of outlet for the power cable, so you won't need to do that mod.

The inside table is pretty small but the EMS should fit inside it ok.
Are you sure you weren't looking at a unit with 2 air conditioners and 50 amp service? All the 16's I've looked at on line appear to have the mouse hole cover, although I hope you are correct.
cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #16

This has a locking type connector with three prongs. I think 50 amp has a 4 wire connector. It did not have an a/c unit for the bedroom area. I think you can order a unit with a second a/c prep without the a/c unit itself.

This unit has a cover the flips up and the locking cord fits into it. If the cord is wired into your unit there will still be a cover that flips up, however it will have a cutout in the bottom to allow it to close over the cord when it is pulled out.

2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote