Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2016, 09:27 AM   #1

Harper Camperland - Harper Kansas

I purchased a camper in Longview, TX where I was at the time shopping with family assistance. I purchased out of availability where the model I wanted was not available at Harper Camperland. I noticed a set of pinholes in the awning fabric and called it in, it was authorized through Jayco for replacement. I called Harper Camperland to get setup with warranty service and was immediately confronted abrasively "why didn't you buy it from us?" When I told my story it was not good enough, but they agreed to "look at it" in a month. I dropped it off two weeks ago, called back this past Monday to order a cabinet door (to add a 3rd), and asked for status. They said the fabric doesn't ship from Jayco for another two weeks. With that, I asked if I could get my camper back for the duration until parts arrived. They were fine with it. They store the camper, hitch unlocked, on an open lot unsecured. I picked it up last night and noticed the toilet paper roll empty, toilet paper on the floor (not a whole roll), and pee stains all over my toilet where it had been used. I pressed the flush on the toilet and water sprayed out - the pump was off, but water was pressurized in the system. I checked my black tank and it was registering 1/3 full. I had dumped both tanks and flushed the black. I had used the low point drain and pulled all water out of the pipes in prep for service. When I called this morning, I asked to speak to the manager, got Mike who was the same gentleman who was angry that I didn't buy from him. He said he was the owner. Denied all allegations that someone had used my camper and blamed me if I had left it unlocked. I had not. He was very unprofessional using profanity and cussing at me as I address him as "sir" and tried to reach resolution. He asked what we needed to be done and I told him I just wanted my keys back to which he said he would mail them today. I called Jayco before and asked about any orders, they didn't find any on my camper for warranty. When I told him that, he said "bull****, the order number is xxxxxxx and you can tell Jayco to shove it up their ass" and hung up on me. I have another set of keys and will go try to make copies today because I'm sure that set is in the trash, not the mail. Avoid this place at all costs.
Attached Thumbnails
13769449_10209458418314452_7084901541643702008_n.jpg   13728910_10209458419034470_206161934730303039_n.jpg   13754429_10209458418594459_5001290058995925599_n.jpg  
jokerier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:01 AM   #2

Maybe they rented it out for a week

That is truly disgusting and rude.
Camp Winican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #3

I bought my trailer at the Great Bend, KS location of Harper Camperland in 2010, and had nothing but great experiences with them, both the sales team and service team. Maybe things have changed, or maybe the Great Bend store is managed better. Anyway, sorry to hear your troubles. What you went through would piss me off big time too.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #4

I've had 2 TTs and neither has been back to a dealer for service. I find it to be less trouble to repair it myself than to deal with a dealer's service department... and wait... and wait... I'll be buying a Jayco TT in the next couple of weeks and, like the others, I'll fix it myself. Your problems just reinforce that frame of mind. Sorry it happened to you, and I'd be pretty pissed too... BBB? Heck if someone was using the bathroom in it I might even discuss some legal action.