Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #1

Has anyone ever.....removed front siding?

Jayco 23fb

For whatever reason the upper part of the front siding separated from the diamond plate and it (diamond plate) was blown out about 12" at the center. We were on our way from DE to NC down I-81 when I noticed it in the rear view mirror. Did I also mentioned it was raining most of the way? After a while I finally got it duct taped up enough to get us on to NC. My son met us there and he brought some screws so we got a temporary fix on it. I'm back home and plan to remove the two pieces of edge moulding and then pull the piece of siding that fits up with the diamond plate and then the diamond plate. This will allow me to clean the moulding, straighten the two pieces (or replace) and reinstall everything. I'm also going to put back the screws my son and I used to get home. The screw holes are there anyway so I'll just replace the screws with stainless steel ones. Any advice would be appreciated.
Did I also mention this was out first trip with our new used TT? Then there was that plastic barrel I rolled up under the TT when trying to turn around in a very tight spot. Just bent some of the lower edge trim on the left side.
BTW, had a great time!
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote