Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-13-2020, 04:41 PM   #1

Has anyone used the new Solar Ready hookups?

I just got a 2021 Jayco Jayflight that is "solar ready." I realize that means next to nothing, but some wires and a roof port to plug into.

My question is are the components that were factory installed universal (are they standard for the industry) and will they hookup with other brands or only with the GoPower! brand? GoPower seems a bit overpriced for what they sell. I was thinking I might try the Renogy 300W kit, but wanted to know if I would need to pull out and replace the GoPower factory ports and wiring...

I know some of these kits are intentionally wired backwards and such to prevent hooking up to other brands...
jester.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #2

I used the Renogy connectors on a 2020 Whitehawk and it worked fine.
oscarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:51 PM   #3

Like you said, it’s just the roof jack and wiring, any components will work and the roof jack is standard MC4 connector.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester.lee View Post
I just got a 2021 Jayco Jayflight that is "solar ready." I realize that means next to nothing, but some wires and a roof port to plug into.

My question is are the components that were factory installed universal (are they standard for the industry) and will they hookup with other brands or only with the GoPower! brand? GoPower seems a bit overpriced for what they sell. I was thinking I might try the Renogy 300W kit, but wanted to know if I would need to pull out and replace the GoPower factory ports and wiring...

I know some of these kits are intentionally wired backwards and such to prevent hooking up to other brands...
My Thor came with a panel on the roof but they forgot the charge controler. I called them up. They told me my wiring was by the door. I cut a hole by the door and found the wires. They had shorted out and blew the fuse by the batteries. I attached the 4 wires to the controler 2 in and 2 out that go to the batteries. I mounted the controler and replaced the fuse and it works great. It keeps my chassis battery and the house batteries completely charged. All the hookups are basic and the roof is the same on all new ones as far as I know
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:29 PM   #5

I ordered my new 264BH with the pre installed solar package and it seems to be able to handle running the lights and the fridge without any issues. I also opted for the 12v fridge option. Wasn't exactly sure what to expect and my dealer actually said I was the first customer who had ordered it (new for 2021 option) but they were also pretty impressed with the setup.
gatorblue92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 11:21 AM   #6

Do the wires go from the roof to the breaker panel?

Before I begin cutting holes in the wall, where do the wires from the roof go?
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
Before I begin cutting holes in the wall, where do the wires from the roof go?
I would ask Jayco where they are
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gopower, jayflight, renogy, solar, solar ready