Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #1

Hello new to Jayco Forum and have loads of questions..

Hello everyone!

We are not new to camping as we currently own a Cross Roads Sunset Trail 30BH which we absolutely love. The quality is amazing!

However we have outgrown the size and we were at the show this weekend and bought a new trailer! Well we left a deposit and now I am second guessing if I got a good deal.

We bought a Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS. How many on the forum own this trailer and cannot anyone shed some light? I am very concerned about going from a 10 gallon water heater to a 6 gallon and also having the rear sink go into the black water tank. Our current black tank is 40 gallons and this is 32 so really getting concerned.

On the other hand we really love the floor plan and that's why we bought it!

Last but not least we paid $24,995 and they accepted our trade right at the Nada trade in price.

Is this a fair deal? Rv.Net forum people are saying I got ripped off
Dougandbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
Site Team

If you are happy with the deal that`s all that really matters. There`s always gonna be somebody that got a better deal somewhere. And when a trade is thrown in the mix you have to consider that as well. Some dealers will give you a great price on the new one but a lousy allowance for your trade, and others may give you a big price for your trade but not come down much on the new one. In the end it could be about the same. Enjoy the new trailer.

-Lee
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #3

I've got the same trailer and have really enjoyed it thus far. I haven't gotten to use it in the summer just yet, bot so far I haven't had any problem with the rear sink going to the black tank. Not sure how much that will change, but I've got a 45ga barker dump tank that will be going with us, so I'm not too concerned one way or the other. The floor plan was too good to pass up to worry about the one or two drawbacks.
TexasA&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #4

Within my area, "brand new" TT's sell for $1,000 a foot. Used TT's go for less. If wondering, we paid $25,000 (for "out the door" price) for my pre-owned 1.0 year old 2006 Jayco 29FBS. We bought it back in 2007. I'm sure the selling price of "brand new" had increased since then. One thing I noticed.... No matter how good a deal you got, "someone" always gets a better deal. And, they love throwing salt in one's eyes - just out of spite. Long mumblings short.... If you feel you got a great deal, then you got a great deal. Simply enjoy and don't worry what others think.

Good luck with your new purchase....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougandbeth View Post
Hello everyone!

We are not new to camping as we currently own a Cross Roads Sunset Trail 30BH which we absolutely love. The quality is amazing!

However we have outgrown the size and we were at the show this weekend and bought a new trailer! Well we left a deposit and now I am second guessing if I got a good deal.

We bought a Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS. How many on the forum own this trailer and cannot anyone shed some light? I am very concerned about going from a 10 gallon water heater to a 6 gallon and also having the rear sink go into the black water tank. Our current black tank is 40 gallons and this is 32 so really getting concerned.

On the other hand we really love the floor plan and that's why we bought it!

Last but not least we paid $24,995 and they accepted our trade right at the Nada trade in price.

Is this a fair deal? Rv.Net forum people are saying I got ripped off
I would not worry too much about a 6 gallon water tank. My last unit had a 6 gallon tank and we never had problems. We would turn the propane on before a shower and it kept up nice. My neighbor, and camping partner, has an outside kitchen with a sink that drains into the black tank. It was thought to be a problem the first trip out but turned out to not really matter. 2 adults and 3 sometimes 4 kids pretty much takes care of all tanks. (Empties water and fills black & gray) As far as the deal, I agree with everyone else on here. Someone, ALWAYS, wants to seem better than someone else when it comes to deals. In my opinion, deal tales are like fishing tales! I have had 2 campers, both Jayco! I have nothing else to compare to but I can say it would be hard for me to buy ANY other brand! Enjoy your Jayco!
Adopt a shelter pet!

2009 Jayco Designer 37RLQS
2011 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax Crew Cab 4X4 Dually
20K Curt Q5 hitch
av8arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #6

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Doug and Beth! RV shows are fun and it's so neat to see all the different model tt's out there! Typically, if you could purchase an rv at 30% off MSRP (before taxes and fee's) then you did *very* well. As for trade-n vs selling on your own... When dealers give you a quote for trading in a vehicle, they use the NADA (blue book for other vehicles) specific to dealers. So there is a dealers trade in value (much less than private party), a private party value high, and private party low. You typically get more for your trade by selling it yourself. I'm guessing based on the above maybe that's why your friends at rv.net think you were ripped off Anyhow, that is a nice tt. Folks here that have that model have expressed some disappointment with awning not covering back kitchen, and the drainage into the black tank, but never-the-less enjoy their tt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #7

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update:

I am sure many folks won't be too happy since this is a Jayco forum but we sill have a deposit on the Jayco but will be looking at other lines this weekend. I assume we will end up with the jayco I just am not sure the dealer is doing the right thing but us. Discouraging a 15,000 BTU a/c and telling us slide toppers are "stupid and a waste of money". I am just getting a little concerned so I need to see what else is out there.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update:

I am sure many folks won't be too happy since this is a Jayco forum but we sill have a deposit on the Jayco but will be looking at other lines this weekend. I assume we will end up with the jayco I just am not sure the dealer is doing the right thing but us. Discouraging a 15,000 BTU a/c and telling us slide toppers are "stupid and a waste of money". I am just getting a little concerned so I need to see what else is out there.
Are you dealing with a salesperson? If so, perhaps you could contact the manager or owner and ask the same questions that concern you with the answers you've received so far. Perhaps you could contact the next nearest Jayco dealer with the same questions? Also, Jayco has a two year warranty . When looking at other brand rv's though, check to see the reviews on the rv you find interests you. A crummy dealer may turn out to be better than a crummy rv Let us know what ya wind up doing.... good luck
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #9
Site Team

Since the deal is not final, and you seem dissatisfied with the equipment on this unit, have you considered ordering one equipped exactly the way you want? Believe it or not in some cases ordering is actually cheaper then buying lot inventory. We got a quote from RV direct in minutes equipped the way we wanted and with our choice of interior colors, ordered it and got a factory fresh model about 6 weeks later. And it was way cheaper then dealer quotes I received on inventory units that were not equipped the same. The 15000 btu AC unit is only a $100.00 upgrade, so that was a no brainer for me. But many dealers do not order this for lot inventory.

As for a trade in, they do buy them but I sold my previous TT privately on Craigslist. It sold in one day, and I think I could have sold a couple more based on the interested parties. That took a trade out of the equation.

. As for our Jayco I can only say that after 15 months the only warranty issue was a leaking toilet water valve module, which I replaced myself after a call to Thetford, the makers of the toilet, they sent me a new one free. I read many posts on forums where owners of new trailers have a large punchlist of issues they have to return their rig to the dealer to have fixed. Fortunately I can say I have not experienced that and have had no issues worthy of a trip to a dealer. The fit and finish and overall quality has been good, especially for an "entry level" trailer. All things considered I would buy another Jayco if I ever upgraded. Good luck whatever you choose and have fun with it. In the end, the family memories and experiences we have camping are far more important then how fancy our equipment is. That`s what our kids will remember.

-Lee
Old 01-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #10

Look at Zingers!
10,000# Equal-i-zer Hitch
The Pennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #11

I ordered my 2010 32BHDS in December 2009 from RVDirect. I choose every option except for the BBQ. I paid $21,350.00 out the door. That year the outdoor kitchen was not available, and if it was I probably would not of bought it, you do loose quite a bit of storage. My unit was delivered to the dealer in Feb 2010 and I have not had to bring it back for any reason. On a TT that size I say the 15,000 BTU a/c is needed, we took a trip to Florida in July and we definitely were glad to have the larger a/c unit.

As far as a trade in is concerned I tried to sell my old TT before purchasing my new one and was not able to get my asking price. RVDirect gave me a price on the new TT and then asked about a trade in, they gave me a great price on my trade in, it was only $200.00 less than what I wanted. I also financed with them and saved an extra $500.00 off my final price.

I have no regrets on buying the 32BHDS and no regrets buying it through RVDirect. It is a heavy TT and just make sure your TV is large enough.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #12

Updated from yesterday with new questions

So we went back to the original dealer yesterday to look at the Jayco once again before we went and looked at other lines. So while we are there the dealer decided to show us an Eagle 314BDS which has the same exact floor plan the big difference is we can get aluminum studs along with fiberglass smooth siding.

So here is the question:

Is anyone familiar with this trailer and how does the Eagle Super Lite 314BDS compare to the Jayflight G2 32BHDS?

Then would any be concerned about the following:

The dealer completely bashed RV Direct and said "their prices are fake and when you get there they will increase it". He also said "good luck getting service" but then I asked don't all Jayco dealers service trailers? "He said yes but it's more complicated then that"

Then this is the interesting one and I am trying to validate this. We are seasonal campers so we have no tow vehicle. The dealer stated if there is warranty work our campground can do the work, the dealer would act as the "agent" and the camper does not need to be moved.

Has anyone heard of this or am I just dealing with a dealer that will say anything to get a deal done?
Old 01-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
Site Team

Let the campground do the warranty work? That`s a new one on me! Now there are independent RV repair shops that will do warranty work. RV direct raises their price after you get there? Didn`t happen to me, and I`ve never heard of it happening to anyone else. If you order from them the transaction is a done deal well before you "get there" and all you have do do is the PDI and then take it home. IMO this dealer is full of it, for lack of a better word.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #14

Doug and Beth

We just purchased the 314BDS Eagle Superlite. We wanted the smooth sides and metal framing. As far as that I think the interior fabrics may be a litte better etc. Both great trailers. I heard that if a person that is seasonal can have work done on site(warranty work),,,, but a travel charge etc will happen. Also depends on dealer location and manpower etc.

2008 Ford F-250 Crew Cab
6.4 Turbo Diesel 4:10 rear
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy
jwmmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #15

Get the smooth sides!
Adopt a shelter pet!

2009 Jayco Designer 37RLQS
2011 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax Crew Cab 4X4 Dually
20K Curt Q5 hitch
av8arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #16

Get the smooth sides... dont dent in the hail, dont get rock chips. Stays looking better much longer.. IF a dealer wont service your RV call Jayco... they will send you to one that will.... JUST REMEMBER to tell any dealer that wont service your rig that you wont buy any parts or accessories from him either...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #17

Thanks everyone for all the input and the deal is now done!

We decided to go with the G2 32BHDS and the best part is we found a new dealer to buy from which was very informative. Letting us know there was a mid year upgrade from 22" TV's to 26" upgraded cabinetry and a larger refrigerator from 6 cubic to 8 cubic. The other dealer mentioned none of this.

This new dealer also did a better job on pricing and encouraged the slide toppers.

The only concern I have is they are 3 hours away so not sure how that plays out. As far as our trade in they want us to snal and send pictures of our current trailer and they will take our word on it. Hopefully they do, we have nothing to worry about as it's in near perfect condition.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #18

I've had smooth sides and the aluminum and they both had their pro's and cons - go with the one you like the most.

I've got a 32BHDS and love it, but the Eagle is a very nice TT as well.

As for the water heater, my wife and I have 6 kids (yup, we sleep 8 in the 32BHDS w/o an issue) and don't really have any hot water issues. if we're all taking showers at about the same time, we'll turn on both the gas and electric water heaters and it keeps up well.

I kind of wish we would have gotten the 15k AC, but the standard one keeps up pretty well here in TN.

They didn't offer the rear kitchen in 2009 when I bought mine. If they had, I probably would have bought it - but I also think I would have made a mistake. That huge storage area in the back is awesome and makes everything so easy to get to and keep organized.

I keep a Coleman roardtrip grill in the front storage area, and have a table and a Colman campstove for outdoor cooking. I prefer to cook a little ways from the traffic near the camper anyway (small kids) and it still has the camping feel. The outdoor sink would probably be a nice touch, but not worth loosing storage over.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Thanks everyone for all the input and the deal is now done!

We decided to go with the G2 32BHDS and the best part is we found a new dealer to buy from which was very informative. Letting us know there was a mid year upgrade from 22" TV's to 26" upgraded cabinetry and a larger refrigerator from 6 cubic to 8 cubic. The other dealer mentioned none of this.

This new dealer also did a better job on pricing and encouraged the slide toppers.

The only concern I have is they are 3 hours away so not sure how that plays out. As far as our trade in they want us to snal and send pictures of our current trailer and they will take our word on it. Hopefully they do, we have nothing to worry about as it's in near perfect condition.
Looks like we were typing at about the same time :hihi: Congrats on the purchase - I don't think you'll regret it!
Old 01-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #20

We put the slide topper on our trailer, we thought it was a good idea. If there is a little branch or pine cone falls on top of the slide and you don't see it and get the slide gasket cut then you can justify the extra cost. When we bought our trailer we asked for the price to include the hitch, topper, and 2, 6volt batteries in place of the 12. We only have one trip in our trailer but love it and have lots planned for this season.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote