Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2021, 11:38 AM   #1

Help! 165rb light cover removal

Hi everyone!
I had once seen a video on how to remove the lenses cover on my interior lights to replace the bulbs but now when I need too I cannot find it!
My bathroom light and bed light both are flickering and I cant remove the cover to check out bulb or wiring and dont wanna do any damage trying. I have a 2015 165rb these are the oval ceiling lights with a switch..please any help would be appreciated..ice tried to pry both lens and or bezel off with no luck
Attached Thumbnails
20210915_125710.jpg  
Bigtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:39 AM   #2

Added pic

Here is another pic
Attached Thumbnails
20210915_125716.jpg  
Old 09-20-2021, 01:27 PM   #3

Take a look at this the below URL YouTube video. The RV light in the video is a little different, but yours is probably removed the same way. There are other YouTube videos you can view that show removal and replacement of interior RV lights.

Old 09-20-2021, 02:56 PM   #4

Got it!

So guys I figured it out, finally! You actually have to take a thin small screwdriver or putty knife and work it in between the lens cover and the bezel and while GENTLY pushing in push down also.. I will take a video tomorrow when I go back. But like others have said in other posts it's not a bulb per se but a plate..the led driver is on the back of the housing. Good thing I was able to do this because you need lens removed to unscrew housing from ceiling.. water must have been in there as the insulation felt damp and screws look rusty. So will have to take ladder with me to do double check roof too. Ordered 3 light units off of Amazon--- facon pancake single dome light. When they arrive I will widen the hole the wires come thru and see if I can see any damage...