Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #1

Help finding source of a leak

I had a leak on the floor by my pantry. It occurred when it was raining and quit when the rain quit, so I am sure it is a rain leak. I can find no roof issues. The refridge vent is the closest roof vent. There is no signs of moisture in that area. The furnace is under the frig and it is dry. The outside kitchen is under the pantry and it is dry. The bathroom vent isn't too far away, so I took it apart and could see the roof plywood. Again no signs of moisture. I have a 2014 White Hawk 27RBOK. Any ideas?
jirvinepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:46 PM   #2

Perhaps you can have someone spray a garden hose on your roof to simulate the rain and you can check the various locations to see if you can locate the entry point. Water has been known to travel a considerable distance from where it enters before it becomes visible...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #3

After trying Marcm157 method, if you still haven't found leak try the following. Have someone turn on faucet at a time on and off quickly, then check for leak. Depending upon type of plumbing you may have a pin hole leak in a tube or fitting that is sensitive to air pressure. Created numerous systems in semi-conductor industry and more than once founds leaks due to "weather" or "temperature." I always look at this when something is not obvious. The only other suggestion I have is to check the vent pipes, if there are any near the pantry. Rain might be dripping into a vent pipe and ABS connections when joined by unions or "nuts" and flanges are notorious for leaking as assemblers are not as particular about tightening joints in this type of piping.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:29 PM   #4

If you can't locate the source you may want to try a pressure test, check out this link they have testing locations across the country. SealTech Manufacturing USA | Industry Standard for RV Leak Detection
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

I have a 27RBOK with the exact same leak - tried the water hose deal, no dice.
It seems to be a leak when the weather is blowing really hard, last time we had a little hail, it dammed up on the high side of the furnace vent cover, and then rained - I think that may be where its at - or, that vent has a leak but, its not been too big of a deal. Has happened twice, not really a ton of water and caught each time but, its still there...
TXmayvilles is offline   Reply With Quote