Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,334
You may want to remove the brackets, swap sides and hope it helps with the alignment. If that doesn't work I would drill out the bracket till the pin will fit, its only an insurance pin doesn't do anything until something very strange would happen to make the bracket move, as you know with all that tension its very hard to lower.
__________________

Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Springfield
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
You may want to remove the brackets, swap sides and hope it helps with the alignment. If that doesn't work I would drill out the bracket till the pin will fit, its only an insurance pin doesn't do anything until something very strange would happen to make the bracket move, as you know with all that tension its very hard to lower.
They worked perfectly until i lost the safety pins. Here is a pic of the holes

__________________

lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,334
That looks way off. Are both sides off the same, I would remove one of them and see if the holes line up, then reinstall and see if it helps.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:16 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Springfield
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
That looks way off. Are both sides off the same, I would remove one of them and see if the holes line up, then reinstall and see if it helps.
Took them both off and they are both the same. It must have been some magic pin he gave me because I cannot see anything working now without drilling the holes bigger. My husband is ready to divorce me.....I have been so focused on this damn TT I can't do anything else. The more I do the worse off I get. I am ready to crack!
lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:20 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,334
Time to have the husband help you drill them out and put them back on and be done with it. Then you can leave town next week and enjoy.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:52 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 130
I would recommend going to a place that sells hitches, not just an rv place. They may have the pin.
__________________
2013 32bhds
2008 F250 Diesel
Reese dual cam (finally dialed in just right)
Yamaha EF3000iseb generator
Renogy 100 Watt Solar Suitcase
ensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:00 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
SmokerBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 2,699
Don't drill it out. Get the correct diameter pin. I measured one of mine and it's a little less than 3/16" in diameter.
__________________
Bill
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab
2011 Jay Flight 26BH
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Springfield
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
Don't drill it out. Get the correct diameter pin. I measured one of mine and it's a little less than 3/16" in diameter.
Yes thats' the one I need and ordered. I am sure it will fit. I hope!
__________________

lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.