Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #1

Question help making up top bunk bed in Jayco Ultralite

Trying to put linens (mattress protector, fitted sheets and fitted comforter) on the top bunk of our 2015 Ultralite X213. Wrestled the mattress out of the bunk, got the linens on. Wrestled the mattress back into the bunk (took forever) and all sheets came undone with all the pushing and pulling to get mattress back in. There must be an easier way!!!! Any ideas? Thanks!

2015 Jayco Ultralite X213
2014 Lexus 570
2013 Ford F150
galakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #2

We are rookies, too and making up the beds in TT is a hassle.....we took the mattress off each of our 4 bunks....got it in the middle of the floor in main part of trailer...wrapped it in sheets, spreads, etc. and then carried them back to bunk house...making up the queen isn't easy either.....waiting for those better ideas, too.

2014 Jayco White Hawk 30DSQB Summit Edition, Glacier Package
2012 GMC 2500HD Z71 SLT 4WD Crew Cab...DuraMax/Allison....3.73 Rear Axle.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 LTZ 4WD Crew Cab...Vortec 6.0L V8...3.73 Rear Axle..(traded)
2011 Chevrolet Avalanche...5.3L V8...3.42..(traded)
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #3

I use a couple of bed sheet straps to keep the sheets/protector nice and snug. I run them from side to side rather than at the corners. I remove the mattress to do it. When I put it back...everything stays in place!

Works nicely on the larger bed too.

The beds are difficult to make with the limited space...but this keeps them nice and snug once everything is put together.
amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #4

Have not gone out with our trailer yet but I wasn't going to do any of what was mentioned. I have two sleeping bag liners. Son in scouts so they put them in the sleeping bag on really cold nights. I was just going to put these in the bunks and then toss a blanket or throw over the top. If the kids get chilly they can climb in the sack or just sleep on top.

2002 Jayco Eagle SE 304bh
crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #5

I think using sleeping bags is probably a good idea. I was using specially made RV sheets where the bottom sheet is fitted all the way around, the top sheet is fitted at the two bottom corners, and the comforter is also fitted at the two bottom corners. The only way to use them to make up the bed was to remove the mattress completely to put them on. It was soooo hard to get it back up there and in position. The same system worked well on the bottom bunk....could get to the bottom, one side, and the top easily using the main door and the bike storage door. Wish I had used sleeping bags on the top bunk. When these sheets have to be washed, they will be replaced with a sleeping bag. Thanks for the idea.
Ordered a Superbag for the king bed in the slide. It hasn't come yet but will let you know how that works out!
galakelady
Old 04-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #6

Saw an article once in Trailer Life magazine that suggested using normal mens/boys suspenders under the mattress. I imagine still a pain to set-up but will keep everything in place and hopefully help avoid buying RV linens that can be so costly. When our kids were younger they always used sleeping bags in their bunk racks. So much easier to deal with.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:20 PM   #7

We had the same problem. Watch this YouTube video about using cheap suspenders from Walmart to take up the slack in the sheets. We also use one set to hold everything together while we stuff the mattress with sheets, blanket & comforter back into the bed frame. <br />
http://youtu.be/qjL-MU0dalE
Tpratt83687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:03 AM   #8

Great idea! Thanks for posting the video.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #9

Love the suspenders idea! Guess I'm making another trip to Walmart! Thanks for the video
RVMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #10

Yes, it is a pain. I like the suspender idea. Maybe I'll put one of the grandkids up there and have them do it. LOL
my toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #11

We don't use the upper bunk that often at least not until our grand kids are old enough to use it safely ( one is almost 2 yrs and the other will be 1 in July ) we just use a sleeping bags when our adult children are with us. It is way too much of a hassle to get up there to put fitted sheets on.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:44 AM   #12

Sounds lore at. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #13

oops...can't type

Sorry about the spelling error in above message. Hate autocorrect. Meant....sounds great!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #14

Reach up, grab the foam mattress at the back. Roll it towards you. Place the slotted corners on and let it flop back down. Then you can put the front corners on and pull them tight.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote