Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2024, 08:00 AM   #1

Help-Slideout damage.

I can see light from inside my slide out.Help.
I recently decided to renovate my 2012 jayco Jay flight 33rlds when attempting to pull up the carpet in my slide out where my dinette set was I encountered wet floor wet wall and I don't know what to do I could see outside from inside looking through my slide out at the top on both sides one bit worse than the other and I've got pictures attached any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what to do I'm a full-time rver and I am doing this on my own thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
20240521_083914.jpg   20240521_083943.jpg   20240521_083950.jpg   20240521_084125.jpg   20240521_084057.jpg  

myrvlifeguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 12:26 PM   #2

Depending on what kind of slide system you have, you can adjust the stop so the slide will go all the way out to get a good seal.
If you can post what kind it is or pictures of the mechanism Im sure someone here can help you.

2021 GMC half ton T/V
2022 Jayfeather 25RB
Anderson WDH
Markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 05:42 PM   #3

Ok thank you.
Old 05-22-2024, 06:13 AM   #4
Site Team

The Lippert video was very helpful for me last year when I was adjusting mine.

Even though my slides are Old Dexter slides the same technology was used to make them. The adjustment methods were the same, just that it looked slightly different.

The only thing is, it was funny to see the star of the video just grab that mock up and move it. Mine takes several people and a crow bar to move it sideways.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 08:14 AM   #5

Thank you.
Old 05-22-2024, 08:16 AM   #6

.I have the Dexter chassis slide out as well is there any way you could tell me what size the seal is that goes all the way around the slide out that's what I'm trying to find out now hopefully that'll stop the water from coming in completely but it needs to be replaced because there's not much of a seal there now and I just need the size so I can buy it and put it on. Thank you.
Old 05-22-2024, 09:27 AM   #7

Dexter chassis,which has sold partly to Lippert. I have called jayco I've called Dexter I've called leopard Jacob said that their computers were down and didn't have that information for me on the size of the seals so I'm still in a conundrum trying to find out what I should do.
Old 05-22-2024, 09:28 AM   #8

Sorry the spell check just keeps changing my words I've called jayco and I've called lippert and Dexter chassis and can't get an answer on the size of the seals.
Old 05-22-2024, 10:31 AM   #9

While I am no RV slideout seal expert, I suggest to check out the following link as there are multiple slideout seals available and these people (in the link) claims theirs are the best due to the design. However, you can check out Amazon and search for "rv slide out seal" and find many different lengths and sizes (commonly 15/16"). I don't believe you have to use a particular seal to replace your existing seal.

What I would suggest, measure the gaps and determine how large they are and order a seal that exceeds the gaps in your slide. I would also check for any special requirements for the seal such as perhaps a special channel the seal must fit into. Also, on my RV (which is older but similar to those made today regarding the seals) there is a gutter above the slideout that directs any rain water from the roof and above the slideout to be redirected away from the top of the slideout. That in itself doesn't stop the rain water from coming in from the slideout roof itself however, I try to have the slideout side of the RV (I just have one large slideout) slightly leveled away from the RV itself so any slideout roof rainwater drains away from the seal. While many RV's are made where to be useable inside the slide(s) need to be out, mine isn't that way so I keep the slide closed when I know heavy rains are coming. ~CA

https://www.trimlok.com/plastic-extr...slide-out-seal
Old 05-22-2024, 06:14 PM   #10

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the possible remedies to my situation,I truly thank you and will follow your advice. Have a great evening.

Tags
damage, water