Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #1

Help with 322fks winterization

Hello everyone, I am re-posting this question since I called Jayco and they told me "there are no other valves etc inline to these drains according to their schematic". I have more faith here with actual owners. I guess what I really need to know is: if I got no water out of the "low point drains" by the entry door and have antifreeze at all the interior/exterior water sources am I OK? The girl at Jayco implied the antifreeze should have also come out of the drains, but I did not get any water or antifreeze. I pushed a small wire into the valve just in case of a blockage and it is not blocked, but would just feel better if I knew 100% that the unit is winterized correctly. She said "the worst thing that can happen is those lines would need to be replaced". I have enough to do already! Sorry about the repetition, but this is the first time for me and the trailer is 2.5 hrs away!

Hello Everyone, I just winterized our new 322fks for the first time and have a quick question. There were 2 places marked as low point drains. 1 back by the bed slideout and 2 - together by the entry door. I had quite a bit of water from the one in the back, but nothing came out of the 2 by the entry door. The trailer was on a seasonal site and was pretty much level. Is this normal? I filled the system with anti-freeze working from front to back and hot to cold as they stated in the demo. Just wanted to make sure everything is done the way it should be.
Thanks in advance!
J&P RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #2

I think you will be fine. Do you see the antifreeze in the lines near the low point drains?

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #3

That is just it. The enclosed underbelly makes it difficult to find where they even tie in. Do you know how they tie in? Is tehre a "T" in the line? I am only concerned since I am hoping there is not water trapped somewhere. These drains have small valves right at the ends that open and close, but nothing came out.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #4

I'm not sure of the exact layout of your model, but Jayco tends to mark "Low point drain" on both the actual low point drain and on the drains that empty the onboard fresh water tanks. I believe your model holds 90 gallons, so it likely has 2 fresh water drains and these are probably located somewhere near the axles, as that is where they usually put the freshwater tanks. If you've never filled your fresh water tanks (you mentioned you were at a seasonal site, so I assume you had a city/pressurized water hookup) then nothing would come out of those two drains near the axles. The drain that is in the rear is likely your real low point drain. I usually open all the faucets in the travel trailer, and also pop the pressure release valve on the water heater and this helps the drainage of water that are in your lines.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #5

Hi Dewey, Thanks for the response. The dealer delivered the unit with more than 1/3 fresh water (according to the wall panel) and one of the 2 drains at the back rear corner (drivers side) emptied that tank. Jayco said the drains I am referrring to "should" be to drain the kitchen water lines. I did bypass the water heater and leave the relief valve open and the drain plug out. It just seems strange that nothing came out of the lines at all. I am wondering as someone suggested if there are valves somewhere that I have not found. Jayco was not very clear about how thee drains connect even though I asked very specifically how the drains tie into the rv plumbing. I am just hoping there is not a potential water trap somewhere? I am not looking forward to going back out there and uncovering the trailer for a valve hunt...