Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #21

I have the pro pride which is mechanically the same mechanism. Yes it does just as advertised as it a 4 bar linkage that mechanically eliminates sway. Hooking up takes a little practice but once you know all the little tricks it is quite easy. Watch some you tube videos of hook up and unhook as you need to understand when the weight is off the truck and you can pull away.
E_Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:13 PM   #22

I own and use the Hensley Arrow hitch. My first was with a 20ft Airstream TT. I now use it on the Jayco White Hawk 27ft. There are some issues that you should be aware of in order to get the best performance with your hitch - Hooking up and Disconnecting. I would highly recommend working with an experienced Hensley hitch owner. If you give me a call I can talk you through some of the issues. You will also find that Camping World has very little experience with the Hensley hitch They broke two of my tongue jacks because they did not know how to hook up. Home Phone is 850-422-0103
1Cruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #23

I was asked to come here and respond to why the ProPride is easier to hitch and unhitch.

We redesigned the hitch box to make it easier to insert the bar. The wedges are 14-degree angles compared to the Arrow 12-degree angles. That makes a wider target and more of a slope to guide the bar.

Secondly, you don't have to insert the bar as far into the hitch head. The Arrow bar is longer from the wedges to the tail of the bar.

Third, the ProPride hitch box is 4 laser-cut pieces which fit together like puzzle pieces and are welded on the outside of the box before being welded into the main unit. It is consistent and true as opposed to the way the Arrow box is assembled and welded. This is really evident if you ever get a chance to compare the 2 designs side-by-side.

Those three points that were changed from the old design and make it much easier to hitch and unhitch. When I ran Hensley Mfg I had a full-time guy on the phone answering calls about hitching and unhitching. We get about 1 call a month at ProPride and sell 3 or 4 times as many hitches.

-
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #24

I have the Pro Pride hitch 4 yrs now and love it. 2015 Tundra towing a '15 27DSRL without any sway, ever. It's easy to connect, disconnect once you get used to it. I've noticed that a lot of RVer's are always upgrading their hitch to something newer or better. Once you used the Pro Pride (Hensley) you'll never consider upgrading, it's that good.
rgchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:42 PM   #25

First year w Hensley pulling Jayflight 34RSBS, prob nearing 37’ in goal length.
We installed ourselves, took our time. Customer service is awesome, always answered the phone when we had questions on the install.
Hitching is indeed different then the usual lower on the ball.
I have had super simple, and another time totally frustrating (was by myself).
I suggest keeping instructions handy until you get the hang of it.
And yes, read the manual . Read on the install, read on disconnecting, read on hooking up.
Hooked up properly it’s a super solid system.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:12 AM   #26

I had a ensley hitch through 3 campers.. Wouldn't use anything else. Hensley sells a little piece that the trailer post sits in on the ground. It allows you to move the trailer right and left a little to line up the bar from the tow truck to the hitch. well worth the money. One big hint is make sure the hitch is at the same angle ( vertical and horizontal) as the bar in the truck. Keep everything greased and check for tightness of sway bars everyday you ae towing. I know yoy will have many easy miles of travel.. GOOD LUCK.
connjab is offline   Reply With Quote