Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #1

Hershey Meadow Campground, Hershey, PA

planning a trip with the family and we are thinking about heading to Hershey, PA. I am wondering if anyone has stayed at the Hershey Meadow Campground? If so, can you let me know any likes/dislikes and any insite on sites to request.

Thanks in advanced

DB
burch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #2

check out these threads. We are heading there in July.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...t=hershey+park

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...t=hershey+park

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burch42 View Post
planning a trip with the family and we are thinking about heading to Hershey, PA. I am wondering if anyone has stayed at the Hershey Meadow Campground? If so, can you let me know any likes/dislikes and any insite on sites to request.

Thanks in advanced

DB
Just recently went to HMC. All the pull through sites are quite nice. I wouldn't say any one pull through is any better than the rest. I did like the site we had since it was next to the field on the one side. Nice section of grass between the site and the field. Great for games and walking the dogs. The campground store has a lot of Hershey merchandise and a small section of RV supplies and firewood. Some people believe that they cram the RVs in there but it isn't bad at all. When we went in April it was still chilly and the pool wasn't open yet but it should be open now. Campground is next to the river...bring your fishing poles!!!!

Be aware that on the one side of the campground (north side I think) there is a train that runs quite often. The train brings chocolate supplies to the Hershey plant. We really didn't notice the train noise since the pull through sites are the farthest away from the tracks. The reservation team will remind you of the train noise as well. Don't let the train noise prevent you from going....Highly recommend the campground!
StringFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #4

+1 on Hershey. Go and have a great time! Oh and while you are there check out the AACA Museum too. www.aacamuseum.org

Marty
grayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #5

I live close to that and have a friend that works there. They changed the name to Hershey Park Camping Resort. Nice place and they have a shuttle that will take you to the park and Chocolate world.
Tniss54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #6

If you go to http://campgroundreviews.com/ it has most of the campgrounds in the U S along with comments by people who has stayed there, good are bad , also it will map the park and give what utilities are there and the Web site for the park.
JohnDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #7

Remember that you can get into the park the evening before for free and into the park an hour before general admission since the campground is a Hershey property.
Merlinspop is offline   Reply With Quote