Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2020, 02:29 PM   #1

Hi and HELP!

Hi All!
I hate to introduce myself and immediately ask for help, but that is the position I find myself in currently. Due to the unfortunate circumstance of my father passing away unexpectedly, I am the proud owner of a Jayco Camper. It is a 2015 Jay Flight SLX 145RB. He had owned it since it was brand new and really didn't use it all that much. I just towed it home to Minnetonka, MN from Soldiers Grove, WI (400 mi) on Monday. I have been cleaning and testing it over the last couple days. Everything has been going swimmingly until I decided to test the plumbing. I hit my first bump (hopefully not a mountain) in the road. I am totally new to all this stuff and trying to learn through a manual, so I am really hoping this is just operator error. After looking through the manual I opened the cold water valves on the faucets, attached my garden hose to the "City Water" connection and turned on the water. I could hear the water going into the unit. After about 30 seconds I noticed a drip from above the tire casing. I went inside to look and there was water coming out from under the tub and under the sink (stove vent area as well). I read the manual again and thought maybe I had the over flow vent closed, so I turned the lever the other direction, tried again and got the same result. To note, there is water still making it with a week flow to both the kitchen and tub faucets.

Am I missing a step? Or do I have a leak in a hose, pipe or tank? For obvious reasons I would love to get this bad boy up and running to be able to take my young family out to visit some of the old man's favorite places. Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Will
step0261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:11 PM   #2

Welcome aboard! I am not familiar with your particular TT. From your description it does sound a bit like a water leak in one of the pex hoses/fittings.

Are you sure your dad winterized the TT last fall? If not, most something is cracked. unfortunately you cannot ask Dad There is two ways to winterize the TT. One is to use compressed air. The other option is to pump into all the pipes RV antifreeze which is pink in color. By chance did any pink solution come out of the pipes when you pressurized the system?

I recommend drying it up. Make sure the waste water tanks are drained. I would open up all the cabinets and have a look inside as someone opens the valve, and look, listen and feel. May have to try a few times. You can also change the level of the TT, as water always flows down hill, and look for where there is no water.

There is low point drain valves (pull the handle, not turn the handle) sometimes they do leak, and drip onto the ground.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:22 PM   #3
Site Team

Where is the water heater on that unit? Could the nylon plug still be left out from the winterizing process last year?
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:26 PM   #4

I will look into both of these suggestions. Thanks for the quick reply to both of you!
Old 05-21-2020, 03:31 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by step0261 View Post
I will look into both of these suggestions. Thanks for the quick reply to both of you!
You are certainly welcome. If you have the capability to, feel free to post some pictures or even a video of what you are seeing. That can help us narrow down the possibilities.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:30 PM   #6

I finally figured it out while tracing the lines with my hands. The hot water hose to the shower wasn't even connected. Ugh. Not sure if it was never hooked up or some odd way of winterizing. It shall remain an eternal mystery. Thanks again for the suggestions guys. It led me to the culprit! I got it lined up, but now I need to find someone with skinny enough arms to get it connected .

Thanks!
Will
Old 05-21-2020, 07:06 PM   #7
Site Team

That is excellent. I'm happy that it is something simple.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #8

Post a few pictures, perhaps someone here may be able to give you some ideas about gaining access. Many times these panels will come out quite easily. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote