Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #1

High jacks

Hey everyone, I own a 23RLSW. When unhooking from my tv, I have to really raise the tt to get it of off. Then when it's time to stabilize the tt, I'm using a lot of the leveling blocks under the jacks, in hopes of keeping some of the motion out. It seem that the tt is high and I don't want to overextend the jacks. Any suggestions???
FLASHY35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:45 PM   #2

do you have to do this on every CG site? You have any pics of your setup on a site? We were at a CG in Mystic, CT this past weekend and there as a jayco Toy Hauler there that had his front jacks almost fully extended, it made me a little weary, but it was due to the site sloping in the front.
DownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHY35 View Post
Hey everyone, I own a 23RLSW. When unhooking from my tv, I have to really raise the tt to get it of off. Then when it's time to stabilize the tt, I'm using a lot of the leveling blocks under the jacks, in hopes of keeping some of the motion out. It seem that the tt is high and I don't want to overextend the jacks. Any suggestions???
I also have a 23RLSW, and it is high, resulting in plenty of rocking. We've learned to move about more smoothly, and I've been working to stabilize it better. Have one X-Chock, may need to get another one. Really try to pile up my wood blocks to keep the stabilizers' extension as short as possible. However, it seems to be the nature of the beast, too.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
I also have a 23RLSW, and it is high, resulting in plenty of rocking. We've learned to move about more smoothly, and I've been working to stabilize it better. Have one X-Chock, may need to get another one. Really try to pile up my wood blocks to keep the stabilizers' extension as short as possible. However, it seems to be the nature of the beast, too.

Roger
x2

My Eagle is very high (tongue sits right near 30"). I have two 10' 4x6 posts cut up into ~14" sections that I bring with me, and I usually use most of them. Usually 3 under the tongue and 2 in each corner.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:26 PM   #5

rkresge, I am using a full bag of levelers under each corner, a half bag under the jack, and x-chocks between my tires on both sides. There is still a lot of movement when someone moves inside the trailer. This is all after I get the tt leveled from side-to-side. There has got to be another answer to stopping the movement.
FLASHY35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #6

Using a stabilizer bar system helps a lot. I had one on my previous TT, and need to get it installed on my current one. I use the SteadyFast by Hanscom Enterprises. There is another version that I don't have experience with, the JT's Strong Arm.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:23 PM   #7

We have a 23RLSW also and it is very high we had the same problem with the stabilizer jacks extending to far and trailer shaking.

What we did was use 4x6 blocks under each jack reducing the extension of jacks this made the trailer very stable.

I am attaching a link to some pictures of the blocks I use and also the rack I made for the front of the trailer to carry them.

Trailer Blocks And Rack by Bruce Reilly | Photobucket
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:06 PM   #8

This is in our driveway. I bring these blocks with us where ever we go, and we've needed them more often than not. They can be stood upright or on their side, depending on the amount of height needed. Made out of scrap wood and leftover screws, the price was right. I also bring a tote with eight or ten 16" long 2x6's.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0196.jpg  
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:55 PM   #9

Maybe it's just the picture but that looks a little sketchy.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:23 PM   #10

To help minimize the trailer rocking, I did a product review of the BAL Lock Arm Stabilizing Bar here:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...bar-33456.html

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariboocreek View Post
Maybe it's just the picture but that looks a little sketchy.
They're actually very stable. I need them in the driveway to get the trailer level for the fridge, since the driveway has quite the slope to it. And it's not like I'm spending any amount of time in the trailer anyway.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote