Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2023, 11:53 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
...snip...Today is the first day I actually hooked my truck up, by myself to the trailer and moved it around a bit and pulled it onto a more stable surface for winter. I wanted to get it better positioned on my property...snip
I hope you made it level enough for a driveway camp this time. You never know when the hankering for a time out will hit ya!
FISTEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 04:56 PM   #42

Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISTEP View Post
I hope you made it level enough for a driveway camp this time. You never know when the hankering for a time out will hit ya!
It's still out of side to side level. Nothing crazy, but enough.

The entire process is complicated, just b/c of the site where I'm parked. In order to pull it into it's spot, my truck is half up on the yard, hopping the asphalt curb and the front is on the street, literally a 90 degree angle to the road. pulling forward and backward is awkward. Right where the sweet spot would be is EXACTLY when/where my front tires would butt the curb and need to jump up.

All of this will be remedied this next summer/fall when I have the entire drive made wider and new apron installed, and all that asphalt curb, gone.
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 06:52 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woollymonster View Post
Thanks for the tip! I have been very happy with my Original 4 Point Equal-i-zer hitch. There is no part of it that I can't handle, so far. It works so well that I am not interested in experimenting with anything else at the moment.

I recently had to pull my 30' JayFlight 263RBS through some 40mph wind gust on a rainy, wet day in the Texas Hill Country. My truck and trailer were maxed on weight. The steep and winding roads were a non issue with the Equal-i-zer.

I would say the heaviest part of my hitch (tung and ball) weigh about 30 lbs. It has some good places to grip so, with a good pair of leather gloves, I can still handle it. I am not getting any younger though and tools like this will surely help in the future.

Happy trails!

I like those Outbacks! I solved one I bought for my wife and regret selling it.
2016 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 Hemi 3:73
2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS- +/- 10,500 lbs. on travel day
Hughes Power Watchdog Bluetooth surge protector
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 11:04 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
It's still out of side to side level. Nothing crazy, but enough.

The entire process is complicated, just b/c of the site where I'm parked. In order to pull it into it's spot, my truck is half up on the yard, hopping the asphalt curb and the front is on the street, literally a 90 degree angle to the road. pulling forward and backward is awkward. Right where the sweet spot would be is EXACTLY when/where my front tires would butt the curb and need to jump up.

All of this will be remedied this next summer/fall when I have the entire drive made wider and new apron installed, and all that asphalt curb, gone.
If when hooking up the terrain is uneven I head to a nice level spot like a parking lot and finish the hook up procedure.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 01:11 PM   #45

I am 70 years old and this was the first year I noticed how heavy it is. Getting old and weak I guess. Luckily I only use it twice a year In the spring to haul TT north and in the fall to bring it home. Moving the camper between the storage lot and a campsite in season I just use a regular hitch. A couple hundreds each way is all
Old 11-22-2023, 03:27 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe w View Post
If when hooking up the terrain is uneven I head to a nice level spot like a parking lot and finish the hook up procedure.

It seems I have to pitch the trailer nose up really high when I hitch up b/c back end of truck is up on yard, front end down on street. The truck has the 20Ē wheels, so itís high. Once the trailer weight is on it, it all levels out nicely. Canít wait to have a good firm, level place to park it, about 10 months from now.
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 06:00 PM   #47

Love the Hitchgrip!
MrJeep is offline   Reply With Quote