Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #21

I have exploded one that was pressured up. Heard the same from others. Maybe a “better” (more expensive one ). will hold pressure.
jpurvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:28 PM   #22

Zero G

I have been using the Zero G hose for the past 6 months. I think it’s a great hose, easy to store and seems to hold up well. I saw a 50 ft for $49 at Walmart. Also available on Amazon for same price
DavidSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #23

Use regular drink safe water hoses and buy the cord pro xl. $20 Bucks at amazon and controls your hoses perfectly. I have 50 ft of hose in one and works great. I use them for everything, cable, extension cords, 50 ft 30 amp Cord.
210craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #24

The reason they corrode is that most of the time they are connected to either brass or iron. Brass is mostly copper which means it is chemically more inert than the aluminum; so is iron. The aluminum fitting act like the anode in your water heater and corrode in preference to the material attached.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:37 AM   #25

I have not seen any of these expandable hoses that are able to stay pressurized long term. Typically there is small fine print on the box somewhere stating this. I have not checked the Zero G, but all the others explicitly say they are not designed to stay pressurized. They are designed for watering or filling. May want to make sure they can take the pressure while connected to city water long term.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
I have not seen any of these expandable hoses that are able to stay pressurized long term. Typically there is small fine print on the box somewhere stating this. I have not checked the Zero G, but all the others explicitly say they are not designed to stay pressurized. They are designed for watering or filling. May want to make sure they can take the pressure while connected to city water long term.
I have pictures of the Zero-G hose packaging on one of my previous posts above (#14). It states on the bottom of the packaging the warning about not leaving it on under pressure for an extended period of time. However, it does not define what level of pressure would be unhealthy for the hose. I just wonder with a pressure reducer knocking it down to 45 to 50 lb, if that would be an acceptable level that it may be able to hold up to.

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #27

I purchased mine at Camping World. It is collapsible but not expandable, it doesn't grow or shrink when water is on or off. It stays the same length but only takes a fraction of the space that a standard hose does. Stay away from the expandable ones as they are JUNK. You will pay a little more than a standard hose, its worth it. Sorry, can't remember the name.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:39 PM   #28

����
jpurvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
I purchased mine at Camping World. It is collapsible but not expandable, it doesn't grow or shrink when water is on or off. It stays the same length but only takes a fraction of the space that a standard hose does. Stay away from the expandable ones as they are JUNK. You will pay a little more than a standard hose, its worth it. Sorry, can't remember the name.
X 2 I guess no one will define what a extended period of time is. For a limited camping time frame this camping world hose fits the bill. I always try to remember to turn off the water when I leave the campground.

If I remember right this hose has a burst pressure of 800 lbs per their website. Like flyboy says, this hose doesn’t expand. Not the same animal compared to the others.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #30

I grew up washing down the lead paint chips I ate with the garden hose water. Now my Doc says I'll be lucky if I live another 20 years or so.

And I'm only 75.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:19 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36fire412 View Post
I have pictures of the Zero-G hose packaging on one of my previous posts above (#14). It states on the bottom of the packaging the warning about not leaving it on under pressure for an extended period of time. However, it does not define what level of pressure would be unhealthy for the hose. I just wonder with a pressure reducer knocking it down to 45 to 50 lb, if that would be an acceptable level that it may be able to hold up to.
Since 40 to 50 lbs is a "normal" water pressure I would assume that no, they are not designed for constant pressure. The ones I saw returned actually blew out eventually. While they don't expand or contract, the "hose" part is a softer material which does expand to normal diameter and flattens somewhat when not pressurized. I use the blue camco hoses, much stronger and no issue when cold coiling them.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Since 40 to 50 lbs is a "normal" water pressure I would assume that no, they are not designed for constant pressure. The ones I saw returned actually blew out eventually. While they don't expand or contract, the "hose" part is a softer material which does expand to normal diameter and flattens somewhat when not pressurized. I use the blue camco hoses, much stronger and no issue when cold coiling them.
Everybody has their choices. If this one dies, I'll let everyone know.

Still good after 2 years.

The burst pressure is 600 lbs. Some safety margin there when using a pressure regulator.

Maybe not the best choice for full timers staying in campgrounds for extended periods of time, but for me and my camping, it's good.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #33

Lol
easevado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #34

If in doubt! Make sure to use the inline water filter after the hose.
edsamuel1957 is offline   Reply With Quote