Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2015, 07:28 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Another common problem that can cause the same problem is turning the outside shower off at the sprayer while leaving the faucet valves turned on. When you draw water from another faucet, it allows the hot/cold to mix and can cause some confusion.
My opinion would be that is a bad habit to get into. By leaving the outside faucet turned on and the shower sprayer off could cause a problem. With the shower hose outside and the sun beating on it could cause the hose to get soft and possibly burst. If that were to happen while away from the camper it most likely wouldn't cause any damage to the camper but surely would be a waste of the campgrounds water supply.

Good Habit to get into while away from the camper for any length of time would be to turn off the water supply, hot water heater and relieve the pressure on the supply hose.
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:43 PM   #42

Anyone use the Flair-It valves? No tools or clamps needed. RV parts place here says they are the hot ticket. He wanted $23 ea for them though!! It felt pretty sturdy. I found em for $10 online.....
Attached Thumbnails
Pex.jpg  
Red66GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrck46 View Post
My opinion would be that is a bad habit to get into. By leaving the outside faucet turned on and the shower sprayer off could cause a problem. With the shower hose outside and the sun beating on it could cause the hose to get soft and possibly burst. If that were to happen while away from the camper it most likely wouldn't cause any damage to the camper but surely would be a waste of the campgrounds water supply.

Good Habit to get into while away from the camper for any length of time would be to turn off the water supply, hot water heater and relieve the pressure on the supply hose.
Agree but many don't including me. The reason I mention it is this has caused some confusion when it happens and you don't know or forgot about it. It's easy to be using the shower attachment, turn the hand switch off and lay it down.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:40 PM   #44

For future reference to others. This is what our last two Jayco hot water heaters/ bypass valves look like.

Regards,
JP
2007 20BH Jayco JayFlight
2009 F150 5.4L SCrew Cab XLT
JPBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #45

Yes Joe! Flimsy crap! I really wish they didn't use those types of hose clamps either. Makes it so hard to repair especially in cramped spaces.......

I did notice too that the previous owner has already replaced one of those valves with a sturdier one.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #46

One of mine is locked up tight, if I try any harder it will snap. That hard tubing is crap too, they positioned it against the walls so when the water pump kicks on it rattles. I cut up foam noodles and slipped them where the tube made contact.

Regards,
JP
2007 20BH Jayco JayFlight
2009 F150 5.4L SCrew Cab XLT
JPBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #47

Valve showed up in the mail on Sunday so I went at it. And, I could not get the pex clamps off! I bought a pair of nipping pliers and tried a small screwdriver too. My problem is there is just not enough room to get to them. I can only get one hand on the nipping pliers so I don't have enough force to cut through the clamps. Looks like if I remove the sink I can get to them from above and have the leverage I need. Either that or use a small cutting wheel on my Dremel tool to cut them?? Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Another common problem that can cause the same problem is turning the outside shower off at the sprayer while leaving the faucet valves turned on. When you draw water from another faucet, it allows the hot/cold to mix and can cause some confusion.
X2

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:40 PM   #49

Update...

I finally had the time to get to it. I as able to cut off the pex clamp with a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel on it (cut through it like butter in about 10 seconds). However I could not get both of my hands in there to pull the valve out of the tubing. So, out came the sink. Now I have plenty of access to it. Had to use my hairdryer to heat the pex tubing so it would let go of the valve. I put the valve in my vise to get the other pex clamp off.

If you look in the second pic that shows the sink is out, you can see a yellow valve....seems one of these original valves broke before I bought this trailer and was replaced. There is one more original valve and I just ordered a new one for that too....I'll replace it while I have the sink out. No more cheap flimsy valves!!!

I know this will solve my problems because the bad valve I took out was stuck in the closed position. This was causing my hot/cold water problems.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Attached Thumbnails
WP_20150616_019.jpg   WP_20150616_018.jpg   WP_20150616_020.jpg   WP_20150616_021.jpg   WP_20150616_022.jpg  

WP_20150616_023.jpg  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:41 AM   #50

I do wonder at times why the cheap materials they use in such a key area....and a pain in the rear end to get to them!

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote