Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2017, 08:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
This rack system is only $269 from Discount Ramps dot com
Thanks bud. I'll check into that one too. I live in SC. My daughter is in college at the beach and gives guided kayak tours through the marshes, etc. We don't really kayak for a hobby other than a means to do some fishing from time-to-time. If you're ever down this way there are tons of opportunities here. The Edisto has some great overnight drift kayaking and if you're not afraid to rub elbows with a few LARGE gators and snakes then the upper Santee river system and swamps are breathtaking to fish and paddle around in. Let me know if you ever head down this way.

shrp[/QUOTE]
That sounds nice. I would love a job as a kayak guide!
I have only paddled with gators a couple times in Fla. but I have friends that have done the river you mentioned. They were in a group and I think that is the only way I would be willing to paddle around gators!. I have heard wonderful things about Edisto Beach!! I was trying to RV this past week in SC We originally planned to go to Ebeneezer Park for 3 nights and paddle the lake and visit my wife's nephew. Then go to Edisto Beach for 3 nights and visit some friends in Beaufort but I had to work a few days so we just went to a state park here in Ohio for 3 nights instead.
Hope to take you up on your offer, I know SC is a beautiful state, if you're ever up near Cincinnati OH let me know as well!!
Happy paddling & Rving
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstater88 View Post
Could be a dumb question, but I usually just haul my kayaks (8' and 9') in the bed of my truck with the tailgate up. I drive a silverado with a standard box (6'6"). When hauling my TT, will this overhang interfere with the TT, or would I be ok to haul this way still?
I think it would interfere when you are making sharp turns and/or backing up and have to do a 90* turn. Like from a street into a driveway. I was considering the same thing but I noticed on both of my trucks ( Toyota double cab with 8' bed & Ford F-250 king cab with 8' bed) I pretty much touch the back of my trailer with the rear corner of truck when I have to back into my driveway or take really sharp turns (like doing a U-turn on a culdesac, etc). I have a small dent on both sides of my trailer from where the back corners of my truck touch the front of the trailer.
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
All,

I'd like to bring along a couple of kayaks on some camping trips. I was curious to know how you experts out there haul yours when camping? I know they make racks to put on the back of trucks but I was thinking of something along the lines of a vertical mount rack on the back of my TT. It already has a receiver hitch in place.

Thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.

Shrp
Had to dig back through my posts from a couple of years ago, but take a look at this solution for carrying kayaks vertically

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...tml#post300335
tbwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:36 AM   #24

Love my Cobras we have 4 now-- Tourer, Explorer, Fish N Dive, and Expedition-- great yaks.

Though I'm sure a newbie will say that sit on tops will sink to the bottom of the ocean without even owning one.

Regards,
JP
2007 20BH Jayco JayFlight
2009 F150 5.4L SCrew Cab XLT
JPBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:41 AM   #25

Thank y'all for all the suggestions! We are considering doing some kind of rack for our Tundra.
Is anyone attending the Outdoor Fest at James Island County Park on April 21-23? I've been so stinkin' sick lately I hope I won't miss it this year.
Lorelei56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #26

01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote