Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Adk Camper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clifton Park,NY
Posts: 337
Since I refuse to deal with my local dealer I ended up driving 4 hours to purchase my 33RLDS and it was well worth the trip.
__________________

__________________
Chris
Chevrolet 2500 HD Crewcab
2013 Jay Flight 33 RLDS

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #42
Member
 
Pappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chillicothe
Posts: 76
Bought from Summit RV in Ashland, KY, about 80 miles from our home.

After a year of research, visiting dealers, and going to the Hershey RV show last Sept., we bought from Summit for various reasons, one of which is that they are a well established dealer, having sold Jayco for 25+ years. They made us feel comfortable. Happy with price. Nice service department. Whether this all translates to us being happy AFTER having any issues remains to be seen. Haven't had it back in for anything just yet.

And, four of our grandkids live in Ashland, so we're there quite often, and if we do have to take it in for any reason, we can go visit the kiddies for a while.

Cheers,
Greg
__________________

__________________
2014 White Hawk Summit Edition 27DSRL
2013 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew EcoBoost
Blue Ox Sway Pro BXW1000
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
nunyadamn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gilbert
Posts: 487
Live in AZ, bought in CA - 350mi each way - Saved over $7000.
__________________

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #44
Site Team
 
WVDusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Charleston
Posts: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Bought from Summit RV in Ashland, KY, about 80 miles from our home.

After a year of research, visiting dealers, and going to the Hershey RV show last Sept., we bought from Summit for various reasons, one of which is that they are a well established dealer, having sold Jayco for 25+ years. They made us feel comfortable. Happy with price. Nice service department. Whether this all translates to us being happy AFTER having any issues remains to be seen. Haven't had it back in for anything just yet.

And, four of our grandkids live in Ashland, so we're there quite often, and if we do have to take it in for any reason, we can go visit the kiddies for a while.

Cheers,
Greg

We bought our 32BHDS at Summit RV just a couple of months ago.
Small world!!
__________________
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/re...%3A_douuy_o5dq

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Northern CT
Posts: 219
I bought from my local jayco dealer because they were honest and fair. Got hooked up with them by requesting a price quote on the jayco website. It was my first purchase and I knew I wanted a jayco after literally two years of online researching. Ended up buying a different (larger) model than I was originally considering, but ended up getting much more for my money IMO. Very happy with my service and I'm glad I was able to work with the local guy. I always try to do business with people from the community. They have an interest in keeping your business where I find most "low ballers" are just out for one sale.
__________________
2013 Jay Flight 26BH
2008 Nissan Armada LE 4x4
KiltDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #46
Member
 
Pappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chillicothe
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVDusty View Post
We bought our 32BHDS at Summit RV just a couple of months ago.
Small world!!
We took delivery May 6th. Maybe our paths crossed. Never know. We dealt with Rick Cole(from WVa., by the way). Really liked his experience and manner of dealing with us. Our experience there felt much different from places like Holman and Colerain in Cincinnati.

Cheers,
Greg
__________________
2014 White Hawk Summit Edition 27DSRL
2013 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew EcoBoost
Blue Ox Sway Pro BXW1000
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
cekkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 2,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadamn View Post
Live in AZ, bought in CA - 350mi each way - Saved over $7000.
There don't seem to be many affordable recreational toys in the valley from our three winters there. We've made three major purchases but had to go to different states to get deals. I guess lots of people down there have more money than me.
__________________
'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
nunyadamn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gilbert
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
There don't seem to be many affordable recreational toys in the valley from our three winters there. We've made three major purchases but had to go to different states to get deals. I guess lots of people down there have more money than me.
I tracked prices off and on for a couple of years here, then really regularly for 6 months before I was really ready to buy. Phoenix is the worst place to buy (IMO) within a 1000 mile radius. I tried to work with the dealers here and show them the price differences. I guess people buying here are not like me and won't drive for a deal. I can't see paying $7k extra just so I can buy local. It was like that all over the valley. The best part is when I go into the dealer for service and I see those same trailers on the lot for months and months. I can't figure out why they still have the price high on the 2013 when they have a 2014 on the lot next to it, and should have 2015's coming in soon. I can't see the angle for that methodology.
__________________

__________________

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.