Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #21

Go for it, just take your time. Enjoy
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:47 PM   #22

I towed my 26BH from San Antonio, TX to the White Mountains of NH two summers ago. I took my time and enjoyed the trip. The trailer traveled great with no problems there and back. We stayed up in the NH area for two months.
As the other have stated, take your time, enjoy the journey for it is a great part of the trip.
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:16 AM   #23

We are pulling our 28BHBE with my 2014 silverado cross country and have had no problems yet. I have to keep reminding myself to slow down and take my time. I don't have to report to my next duty station till March 9th. We have zig zagged from Washington through Oregon and California up through Nevada, Arizona and Utah looking for weather to start east. Looks like with the late winter storms we are going to head further south through Texas. Oh ya we have 5 kids a dog 2 cats and a couple of guinea pigs thrown in for fun split between the truck and our SUV.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:03 AM   #24

Hudson,
First of all let me say thank you for serving. Wow, you have a house (trailer) full. Well, that's it, if you can do it with all those passengers I should be able to do it too.
Thanks and have a save trip.
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #25

Hudson,

Thank you for your service.

Welcome to the forum. This winter just won't let go. Seems we've got another week of the really cold stuff to deal with in the east.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawoo View Post
I have a 2014 Jayco Jayflight 267BHS. My question is how far would you travel pulling a TT like mine? Or, how far have you pulled your TT on it's longest trip? I live in Upstate NY and want to visit our kids/Grand kids in Sacramento California. About 6,000 miles round trip. Pretty far...
Once you cross the Mississippi river, you will be in flat farmland. Not as much to see or reasons to stop. You will have about 1000 Miles of that, where you can "make time". Once you hit the rockies you may want to spend more time seeing the sites. Once you cross the rockies again your in rather mundane territory, interesting but not compelling to stop and spend a great deal of time. You won't be able to see everything, but with planning you can make that trip enjoyable. When we were in the midwest and coming to the west we would get that big chunk of mileage out of the way, then take our time. With you, you will have other opportunities to see areas within 1000 miles of your home. I would spend the majority of my time from the Rockies west, both directions.

You could make it from NY to the Rockies in 3 longer days, allowing you plenty of time to site see. I guess priorities is what is important, and planning.

Have a great trip and enjoy this great land.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
... With you, you will have other opportunities to see areas within 1000 miles of your home. I would spend the majority of my time from the Rockies west, both directions. ....
That is sage advice.

The other thought is to make sure you take your time on the way out, and take a little extra time at those nice spots (10 or 12 days on the way out). Because human nature is that on the way back there is a greater tendency to push it to "just get home again" and you will be far less likely to stop and smell the roses knowing your wife has to get back for work, etc.

I know I certainly get that way... sort of like an old horse that bursts into a gallop once he's pointed back to home ;-)
Old 02-21-2015, 12:41 PM   #28

I know what you mean canuckowner. I'm like you. Yes, I will put on the miles when there's not much to see but once out West I plan on stopping at the Grand canon, The Arches national park and other "Western" sites. Once at our kids house I'll let him show us San Francisco, Tahoe, Napa Valley...
Man, I can't wait
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:43 PM   #29

yup. Gonna be a sweet trip.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #30

The only thing I would add, buy a tire pressure monitoring system for the trailer, just the peace of mind you get traveling that far will make it all worth the cost

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:07 AM   #31

Don't discount the mid west lots to see or do look at the last few TL magazine articles Amana colonies Iowa, Henry Doorly zoo Omaha, College World Series Omaha, SAC air and space museum, Fort Robinson Nebraska lots more not just corn.