Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2020, 02:30 PM   #1

How to adjust the slide out on a jayfeather x213

Hello everyone, I have a Jayco jay feather X213 and I’m not having issues with my slide out however it appears to be out of sync when sliding out. I find that when my slide out is fully out the wheels that the track ride on ,on the left side stick out past the track a good 3/4 of an inch or more it is a little concerning when I measure the outside of the slide it measures about 3/4 of an inch or more out further on the one side. I’m just wondering if anyone has ever tried to adjust their slide mechanism on their Jay feather X213? And if so how did you do it any guidance would be great . What I am assuming I would do is pull the pin on the shaft that goes to the left side of the slide gear mechanism and use a wrench and turn that until it is where it supposed to be and then re-hook up the shaft. I cannot seem to find any information online about this slide out.
brewcrew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:47 PM   #2
Site Team

What year is your rig? I have a 2011 Eagle and the 2 slides were made by Dexter. I was able to find a old dexter brochure with some info on adjusting mine.
Key is finding the make and type of slide and doing some online looking for directions.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:02 PM   #3

its a 2019. i believe its made by lippert but cant figure out the model. i never though about dexter. i may have to do some more digging.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #4

I believe that there’s a fix for this using a piece of plastic pipe between the wheels to keep them centered. Do a search here and u should find it.
pbois34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:56 PM   #5
Site Team

I'm pretty sure it's a Lippert slide. They own just about everything rv. Try LCI.com and follow it to slide systems. You may see a picture of it.

https://www.lci1.com/slide-outs
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:11 AM   #6

Cool

thanks for the help so far. im not having an issue with the wheel roller falling off the track. i did do the pvc spacer on the roller wheel shafts already. however it when the slideout is fully extended the roller wheels are supposed to be at the very end of the track or sticking out a quarter inch. mine on one side are sticking out a good 3/4 quarters of an inch to 1 inch. i will try to attach some pictures for reference. ive looked all over online. it is a lippert slide but i cannot find any resources on this particular slide mechanism. in the 1st picture you will see the slide does not appear to be sagging when fully extended. then the other pictures show both sides of the camper track system, the one thats correct and the one that needs adjustment.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2357.jpg   IMG_2356.jpg   IMG_2354.jpg   IMG_2355.jpg  
Old 07-06-2020, 09:25 PM   #7

Unhappy

My 2018 slide out has sagged since I bought it. With one month left before the warranty expires I think I better make another appointment to try and fix this issue. The first year we purchased I brought to the shop for the sagging but they said it wasn’t a problem . If I put a level to the track bars under the slide it’s dropping at least 3/4 of an inch. It has been horrible sleeping with all the blood rushing to our heads lol.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:56 PM   #8

You could sleep with your head on the high end. You don't bump your head on the cabinets as much, either.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sach7581 View Post
You could sleep with your head on the high end. You don't bump your head on the cabinets as much, either.
Yes indeed !
Problem is I keep knocking my pillow onto the floor and I have to sleep at an angle so I have a place for my feet lolol
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:57 PM   #10

Does anyone know the actual model number of the lippert bed slide out on the x213.

Also I was looking at solutions for a spacer between the wheels, however I don’t understand how you can remove the axle on the wheel to install a spacer? I have been looking at two piece clamps but can’t find anything wide enough?
BrownieNpadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 06:39 PM   #11

I used a small section of 3/4” PEX. Slit it along the length and snapped it on the shaft. It’s been working very well.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2022-05-29-19:38:02-890.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	81617
LeMoeCND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:26 PM   #12

That’s one heck of a slide extension!
Attached Thumbnails
67A9C3C1-91F0-4FFA-870B-DC9C270E6F78.jpg  
Old 05-04-2023, 09:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew22 View Post
thanks for the help so far. im not having an issue with the wheel roller falling off the track. i did do the pvc spacer on the roller wheel shafts already. however it when the slideout is fully extended the roller wheels are supposed to be at the very end of the track or sticking out a quarter inch. mine on one side are sticking out a good 3/4 quarters of an inch to 1 inch. i will try to attach some pictures for reference. ive looked all over online. it is a lippert slide but i cannot find any resources on this particular slide mechanism. in the 1st picture you will see the slide does not appear to be sagging when fully extended. then the other pictures show both sides of the camper track system, the one thats correct and the one that needs adjustment.
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.
Bdogg is offline   Reply With Quote