Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2021, 12:20 PM   #1

How To Mount Camco Tote On Rear RV Ladder

Any advice on this. This will be my first trip out with this tank. I have a ratchet strap I can use. Just wonder if the up & down jolts from the road will cause hook to come off the ladder rung.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:30 PM   #2

Not sure we are talking about the same thing, but I have the Camco lawn chair rack that just hangs on the ladder. I didnt like the idea of the rack and chairs just draped over the ladder.

I zip-tied the hook rack to the ladder in a few places to secure it. Then use a ratchet strap to secure the chairs to the rack and ladder.

I also zip-tied some pipe insulation in select contact areas so the rack wouldnt scratch the ladder (mines painted black).

Have watched with rear camera going down road- solid secure.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #3

Don't hook on the ladder.

I do mine with the strap connected to itself and just wrapping the ladder. Don't have to rely on the hook to stay on the ladder or worry about bending the ladder either.
Lmbrjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 03:58 PM   #4

If you are talking about the Camco Honey Wagon, I have one too, and secured it to the ladder with a ratchet strap coming up from around the bumper, over the wheels and around the ladder. This not only keeps the tank against the ladder, but also provides down force to keep the hook in contact with the ladder no matter how bumpy things got. I also used a very strong velcro strap to keep the hook to one side of the ladder.

I used this setup for a whopping 10 miles and it worked flawlessly. I pulled off to go back and check how it was doing... it was then that I noticed I could only see one of my hazard lights flashing from behind my rig.... into the back of the truck it went for our entire trip. Time for me to re-evaluate. I don't want to block the light, nor do I want to have to partially climb the ladder to hook it to the run it would need to be on.
AUH #3220
White Ox is offline   Reply With Quote