Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2022, 07:41 PM   #1

How to remove breaker panel

I have a 2010 Jayco 32BHDS and trying to figure out how to remove the electrical panel underneath the oven so that I can replace the 20amp breaker for the AC circuit. I can remove the cover to access the breakers and fuses but need to remove the panel housing in order to replace the breaker. Had anyone done this and can share how to remove it? Thanks
G82martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:28 PM   #2

I have removed my utility center. The outer cover just snaps in place. Then there are 4 screws, that need to be removed.

Now the hard part. The shore power cord is secured to the floor right behind the panel. I could pull the panel out just far enough to get my hand in there with a #2 square drive, and remove the strain relief clamp screw blindly. All done by feel. Once the strain relief clamp was removed the panel just pulled out.

Its a rats nest behind the panel. While you have it out tighten all the wire connections, including the grounds.

I did reinstall the strain relief, but I installed it with a bit more slack cable, to make access easier ro put back together and open up the next time.

Just a reminder, have both your 120v ac and 12v dc power disconnected.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 06:26 AM   #3

Excuse me, but you shouldn't have to pull the whole panel to remove a single breaker. Those aren't any different than standard household breakers, as far as I know.
Ensure that the breaker in question is in the off position. (Better if there's no AC power at all.)
Disconnect the black wire from that breaker.
Pry up and out at the side opposite of the terminal screw on the breaker. It should dis-engage from a spring loaded clip, and "hinge" on another clip at the terminal end of the breaker. Hinge it back far enough, and it'll dis-engage on the terminal end, too.
Go to your local home improvement outlet and get yourself a matching breaker. (Make sure to look at the small details, too.)

Sorry if you already know all this. Not everyone knows how to remove an electrical breaker.

Roger
GTS225 is offline   Reply With Quote