Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2018, 06:00 PM   #1

Hummingbird 17 RB storage ideas

I just bought a 2018 17RB (my second Hummingbird) and am interested in what creative ways other owners have addressed the lack of a closet. My thought is to use Command Hooks to hang a coat, fleece, etc, but wanted to get feedback on this issue from others. Thanks, Everyone!
Hummingbird Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #2

Let me suggest that you go to the Hummingbird Facebook. There are quite a few RB owners who have been quite creative and successful in adding stowage.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/137162...?ref=bookmarks
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:14 PM   #3

My storage solutions

I can't seem to find how to get to Facebook people with RB problems and storage solutions. If you can suggest how to work this let me know I am a Facebook member.

In December last year I acquired a 2017 Jayco Hummingbird RB have really enjoyed the downsizing from the 32 foot fifth wheel easy to pull unique and comfortable more outside than in but that's what camping is about. Also the convenience and towing an increase in mileage I can conveniently park at a McDonald's in the city when it's not too busy.

I'm going to post some pictures of modifications I've made for storage above the bed in the front of the RV.
Also some additional racks in the bathroom for storage and a tooth brush holder.

The cost of these cabinets doors and hardware cost me roughly $98 from Jayco the doors on the cabinet by identical to the one that's above the kitchen sink and stove. Also about $40 and lumber from lumberyard and Elmer's wood glue, $15 in miscellaneous screws and caulking.

The wire shelving in the bathroom was acquired on amazon.com roughly $30 each. The lighted mirror was an extra that my wife wanted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181020_112704.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	45751

Name:	20181020_114308.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	45752

Name:	20181125_114742.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	45753

Name:	20181018_103231.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	45754Click image for larger version

Name:	20181018_103242.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	45755
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:40 PM   #4

Snowbird
Follow the link in my previous. It is a closed group so you have to ask to be admitted. There are quite a number of RB owners and discussion of modifications and general camping, all Hummingbird related
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:48 PM   #5

Thanks, Guys! Those cabinets are fantastic, Snowbird, so I hope you post them in the FB group when you get in. I had access within a day of requesting entrance, so you will be there in no time.
Thank you again to both of you for the great information!
Hummingbird Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:52 PM   #6

Hi Snowbird, are you saying you got all the visible woodwork for the front cabinet from Jayco for about $100? I’ve planned to do the same to my Starcraft 17RB (copy of the Hummingbird), so were you able to order directly or through a dealer? I’m very handy, so I’m confident I can do the install properly.
Partsbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:15 PM   #7

Parts

The only thing I got from Jayco through a dealership was the two cabinet doors hinges handles and spring closures or hold open devices.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
I can't seem to find how to get to Facebook people with RB problems and storage solutions. If you can suggest how to work this let me know I am a Facebook member.

In December last year I acquired a 2017 Jayco Hummingbird RB have really enjoyed the downsizing from the 32 foot fifth wheel easy to pull unique and comfortable more outside than in but that's what camping is about. Also the convenience and towing an increase in mileage I can conveniently park at a McDonald's in the city when it's not too busy.

I'm going to post some pictures of modifications I've made for storage above the bed in the front of the RV.
Also some additional racks in the bathroom for storage and a tooth brush holder.

The cost of these cabinets doors and hardware cost me roughly $98 from Jayco the doors on the cabinet by identical to the one that's above the kitchen sink and stove. Also about $40 and lumber from lumberyard and Elmer's wood glue, $15 in miscellaneous screws and caulking.

The wire shelving in the bathroom was acquired on amazon.com roughly $30 each. The lighted mirror was an extra that my wife wanted.

Attachment 45751

Attachment 45752

Attachment 45753

Attachment 45754Attachment 45755
Awesome job, I love the cabinets over the bed. I do some wood working so I plan to build some cabinets like yours, can I ask how did you attached the cabinets on the top, back and on the sides ?

Thanks
Amorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 03:06 PM   #9

Here's a suggestion go to one of your other cabinets remove one of the screws securing the cam into the wall you will see the type of screw they used available on Amazon. PS drill a pilot hole through your cabinet walls molding and screw the screw very lightly do not over tighten when it's snug that's it you could use a little caulking underneath the wood to adhere a little bit better.