Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

Hummingbird 17FD Classic Cover Review

I purchased a cover thru Amazon: Classic Accessories Overdrive Poly Pro3 Deluxe for 17'7" trailers with the door in front. Part #80-200-161001-00.
While it states Rpod only it fits the 2018 Hummingbird 17 FD very well. The entrance door lines up with the opening in the cover and the storage bays can be easily accessed by just picking up the cover on the side. The installation was done using a ladder on both sides and two people. It took about 45 minutes to unpack and figure out which end is which. The radio antenna should be lowered and one phillips screw took care of that. We started in the back and worked the cover over the top and down the front. The cover seems to be made well just make sure you cover the sharp edges on the trailer corners and slide. Out of the box it was a snug fit but they do stretch over time and snug is good. The cover comes with two straps and a toss bag to get the straps under the trailer. The cover has vents in the top so it can breathe. I haven't tried but I do not imagine the slide will go out with the cover on. The cover has a 3 year warranty and is reasonably priced. I hope this helps the Hummingbird owners. Happy camping! Jack
Jack N Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #2

Hummingbird 17FD cover

This is the second year with the above cover. It was a little tougher getting it on this year or I'm a year older and a little softer than last year. It held up well last year for NW Indiana winter and is in fine shape for this winter. Just a follow up to the original post.
Jack N Janet is offline   Reply With Quote