Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #1

Hydraulic Bed Arms for 264 BH

Camped with a pair of fellow soccer team parents this weekend who owned a Jayco Eagle 5W, about 6 years old. They showed me the lift assist setup they had for their master queen bed, a pair of single hydraulic arms under the bed to each side mounted on the roughly 2" x 2" framing under the bed and then on the framing of the bed support. My wife had been talking about wanting something simliar on the way to the camping weekend. Once she saw their setup, she of course turned to me and said "I want that, make it happen".

So, here I am asking for guidance on how I install such a lift assist set up for our master bed. Seems I could get what I need online or a local home improvement store. But, wonder what others have experienced. Also, looking for direction on lenght of the arms needed and the pound pressure (e.g 20#, 30#, etc). Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

2012 264BH
freewheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #2

Im just curious - what does it have today? I thought it already had arms on the queen bed? Maybe not in the swift line? If that is true, ask Jayco for the part number for the Jayflight 26BH arms - I have to imagine they are exactly what you need.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #3

Terry,

Actually did give that a try before I posted here. Their official reply was that the arms were not an official option for the 264BH so the couldn't help me out. I'm thinking I will have to try and make it work myself.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #4

Well heck....I have a 26BH...let me go email Jayco and ask them what they would be for my camper...that is at least a start.

PS - Welcome to the forum! Just caught you are a new member. If you get a chance, come on over and introduce yourself in the new member forum.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #5

May want to read though this...

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ighlight=Strut

this...

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ighlight=strut

And this...

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...cle-s-King-Bed

Probably everything you ever wanted to know about changing/adding gas struts to you bed.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #6

I added a set to our 267BHS. Best mod by far. I purchased the lift arms and brackets at our dealer. Didn't have much luck finding the supplies at a home improvement store. I think they are each 20" extended, 90 or 100 lbs of lift each. We've never had an issue with the bed popping up on it's own. You can lift the mattress a bit to take the weight off and up the platform goes. I can get some pics of our setup if you like. I did add some reinforcing. The panel is flimsy so I wanted to stiffen it up a bit. It took longer for me to get my tools in the camper than it did to actually do the install.
jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #7

You folks are awesome. I was obviously searching using the incorrrect keywords. The links were spot on. On a time crunch preparing for a long trip (WI > CT), so ordered a set from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1), but then will also hit the local dealer to see if there's something more fittng or easier to install for there. Many, many thanks!
Old 06-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #8

I just bought a 2016 white hawk 33rlbs and no lift on that as well. It is a safety hazard and am going to report them to the better business bureau. Should be recalled!!!!!
huntered56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #9
Site Team

Or Try one of these

We added one of those thick foam pads on the bed and it added a lot of weight on the stock bed arms so for less than $100 I added a 12 volt linear actuator. So now DW just hits the switch and it opens/closes automatically. I left the original hydraulic arms in place also.

Here is the link to the other posts regarding the linear actuator

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote