Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2020, 11:30 PM   #21

We are enjoying our TT now. Best time to use it with no fear of Covid! We are weekend campers. A remote RV park away from a big city in the country side is wonderful.
"We don't remember the days; But We remember the moments!" With RVs you can remember lots of beautiful moments! We do!
Vpsnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #22

I agree with most of the OP EXCEPT, I wash my camper regardless of the amount of use! Who is going to see it? Me! I am the same way with all my vehicles. I am meticulous when it comes to maintenance. Almost to the point of of being obsessed. I drive my family nuts...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I agree with most of the OP EXCEPT, I wash my camper regardless of the amount of use! Who is going to see it? Me! I am the same way with all my vehicles. I am meticulous when it comes to maintenance. Almost to the point of of being obsessed. I drive my family nuts...
I am the same way. I do wash/wax even if it is not going to be used for a few weeks. My normal routine is to wash/wax a few days before heading out and then clean as needed until we use it again.
Basically "Rinse and Repeat"!!!

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:19 PM   #24

Oh I do feel that way from time to time...so many things had to be done when we first got our Precept...still have to deal with the sway...WHY isn't that addressed by manufacturer? It is an issue addressed by so many as aftermarket. It should be BEFORE market concern...wow. And then there is the driver seat issue. I cannot even drive this rig more than an hour because I cannot adjust the seat to comfort level for my legs....and I am average height for a woman...5'6".....I do love my rig, BUT JAYCO you need to address these issues for us average sized women...
redfernj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:55 PM   #25

Was heading north to a state park until my contractor called and said he was coming next week to start on the house and demolish the garage. Garage is gone with the ages. Total redo and because of it we are cancelling Labor Day weekend but adding an extra day to the Halloween weekend. That is always a boon. Remember no hurry in the journey.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:46 PM   #26

298bhs

I absolutely LOVE my Eagle 298BHS!!! I bought it brand new while actually on a camping vacation in another state. That was back in 2005. I still haven’t found another travel trailer that compares to the quality and the floor plan! The only area I cannot access with the slide in is the bunk area. I don’t need the bunks anymore!!! I am considering remodeling the bunk area into something else. But love my Eagle!!!
Dieseldog59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:58 PM   #27

Love our Jayco too

We love our Jayco too. Its been on four trips since the beginning of the year, which is about half our normal rate. But anxious to camp more.
Just registered for a 14 day stay in Feb 2021 at Fort DeSoto State Park in St Pete FL. Even when my daughter lives in a spacious new house just 10 miles away...just love waking up on the bay, kayaking and fishing and watching dolphins at breakfast. They come and stay w us when we are there.
Our Jayco is a 2nd home, first year we bought it we were in it 96 nights somewhere or other. That was the year we learned all about rv'ing. Still learning thanks to this forum.
Maintenance required when exploration is desired.
DamonBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #28

I love my Jayco 195RB!
JulesCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:47 PM   #29
Site Team

I love my 351RLTS Eagle! Almost 10 years and still going strong.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:48 PM   #30

Know the feeling. We bought our Jayco Greyhawk in February new. Been washing and doing upgrades but not tried them out. When they finally opened up here in Michigan every park is full till October.Did get a reservation made for End of August. But with the people not being safe may be closed because people will not listen. Oh well at least I got to sleep in it a few nights..
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:53 PM   #31

In 2016 I bought a sleeps 3 model Jayco. Found out it was a bit tight when suddenly more then 3 wanted to come with us. So I bought in 2018 a non Jayco since they did not have one I wanted but had similar bunk model style on the lot I got that one. Sleeps 5. I now have a bunk model that sleeps 5, mother passed away last April, cancer, daughter and I are taking a camping trip next year to Alaska without the husband who has told me he finds camping boring. He would rather sit at home with his computers and television. So a 5 has turned into a 2. Wow. But it is nice. So I am using one of the bunks for storage. But it is made up if someone wants to sleep on it. Otherwise I keep cases of tea and soda water there. So yes, the life of solo and a big RV and you want to keep it. Sigh.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:34 AM   #32

Love Ours Too

Thanks for the post! We're on our third Jayco (currently Jay Feather 27BHB. I've loved all of them. We've had ours out twice now since March, but only within 2-3 hours from home. I also love our Jayco Dealer, sales, techs and all - Rick's RV in Joliet, IL!!
WendyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:48 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurJayco View Post
In my signature you will see I have a 2013 Eagle 314BDS....

I hate it because:

Right now,
It is sitting in the back yard and I cannot use during this Covid-19.
It is collecting dirt and I want to clean it, but why if I can't use it.
When I do wash it, who is going to see it?
I am still making payments on something I can't use.

There are many more reasons as you can image, BUT

I am joking. I see so many threads bashing Jayco and specifically some certain models, so I figured I would through a curveball and let let everyone know there is a reason why I have had this TT for the last 7 years. I LOVE IT!!

We all know repairs are needed from time to time.
We all know these things are on wheels and not a stationary HOUSE.
We all know you may need to use warranty or pay for repairs as needed, MUCH LIKE A HOUSE.

Good Luck to all and please enjoy your purchase and make beautiful and long lasting memories!!!!
The campgrounds are open in MN not sure why you can't use yours... or are you just here to complain? Go out and use it...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
The campgrounds are open in MN not sure why you can't use yours... or are you just here to complain? Go out and use it...
In the start of Covid-19, our parks and campgrounds were closed or had a lot of restrictions.
Those restrictions included:

No Visitors
No more than 2 people
No Playground
No Public restrooms
No pool

So on and so on...

We generally take our 4 grandkids camping on Mother's Day weekend, 4th of July Weekend and Labor Day Weekend.

During these trips, we usually have "Visitors" such as Parent and Grandparents and Great Grandparents.

Now you can understand why we have not gone to a park or campground. We have made the best of this situation doing the "Camp Driveway", but as you can imagine, the grandkids are not as excited with Camp Driveway compared to the park or the usual campgrounds we go to on the holiday weekends with them.

Please don't get me wrong, this is our 2nd Jayco since 2007 and we bought them both brand new. 1st one was a 2007 JayFlight 25RKS and now the 2013 Eagle 314BDS.

We upsized because the kids kept coming.

I have enjoyed/loved every minute of both units and our grandkids have been camping with us since they have 6 months old.

Every trip with them is very special and we also scrapbook our camping trips for every year since 2007.

Keep the comments coming.
I love this Forum and last but not least.....

I DO LOVE OUR JAYCO!!!! (Even if it dirty now)!!!!

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote