Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2016, 07:42 AM   #21

Thanks Norty1. I will certainly try that.

I have tried bug & Tar remover (turtle wax), spic n Span, Dawn dish soap, and car soap. A little apprehensive to use anything too strong.

Dave
Lakehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #22

Lynn,

I wonder if it is just coincidence, but we have the exact same camper (212 QBW) we picked up in November. We had our first outing this last weekend, and also are having a hot water heater issue. Ours worked the first time, like yours, but did not come back on again. I did some trouble shooting at home last night, and discovered the gas valve turns on, but the igniter will not fire. I know there is gas, because I can light it with a match when it tries to turn on, but the valve will still close. The igniter doubles as a flame sensor, which appears is not working either. I spoke to the dealer this morning, and indeed they are backed up to the end of May. I am going to do some more troubleshooting on my own. Right now I'm thinking it is the control board.

If you also run into an issue with the A/C not cooling properly, I know how to fix that one.

Jeff
jkorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:05 PM   #23

I did have a similar problem with the hot water tank not coming on. I lit a burner on the stove momentarily, flipped the hot water switch off for a few seconds and it started working. I know this may seem a little unorthodox but it seemed to work.
Lakehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 04:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakehound View Post
I did have a similar problem with the hot water tank not coming on. I lit a burner on the stove momentarily, flipped the hot water switch off for a few seconds and it started working. I know this may seem a little unorthodox but it seemed to work.
There is something about running two gas appliances at the same time! You may have purged your lines! And that's why it started working?

I was using the stove all day to make coffee for all the lookie loos in the neighborhood who stopped by!

Lynn
Old 04-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorman View Post
Lynn,

I spoke to the dealer this morning, and indeed they are backed up to the end of May. I am going to do some more troubleshooting on my own. Right now I'm thinking it is the control board.

If you also run into an issue with the A/C not cooling properly, I know how to fix that one.

Jeff
Did you download the Service Manual from Atwood posted in this thread earlier? Maybe page one... I did and it tells you what to test and has many nice troubleshooting guides.

We won't do those tests since our dealer said to bring it on in, we have an appointment on Friday, and they said we could wait for it! So far so good with our dealer!

We tested out the frig today, and next is the Air Conditioner!
Old 05-02-2016, 06:42 AM   #26

An update on my water heater issue. I checked the Atwood website for warranty service centers, and discovered one a few miles from me. I live close enough to them they actually came to me with their mobile service truck. It did indeed turn out to be a bad control board. They got me back up and running.

Shout out to them for great service:

Brad Franck RV Service in Dorr, MI.
Brad Franck RV Service – Complete RV Service at home or the campground
jkorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:19 AM   #27

Glad to hear they got it resolved and thanks for updating your thread. It's always nice to know what the solution was.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
Glad to hear they got it resolved and thanks for updating your thread. It's always nice to know what the solution was.
X2!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #29

I have a 2016 Jay Flight 267 BHSW that is in the shop for the third time for the water heater. It would always heat the first time its turned on but would not re-fire. It would cycle through 3 attempts and shut off. The dealer would adjust the burner or thermocouple and tell me everything was fine. I finally convinced them there was a bigger problem and they are replacing the motherboard.
swtbrad is offline   Reply With Quote