Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #1

I must have the worst dealer in Aamerica!!~

I dropped my 2012 Jayco Jayflight 29 RLDS at the dealer on November 11 for them to adjust the wardrobe slide and replace the end trim pieces on the inside of that slide. The stain on all the pieces was coming off and 1 of them just fell apart. About 3 weeks ago they called and said the slide was adjusted and all they had to do was put the 4 trim pieces on, but Jayco changed the shape of them so they had to download a PDF file on how to install them. Funny thing, I thought they just glued on.
I called yesterday and they it was ready and sitting in their lot waiting for me to pick it up. I asked why no one called me to let me know it was ready and they had no answer.
Went to get it today. And because of the mess they made last time I had it in there, (which took 4 weeks to check a wheel bearing and fix a cabinet door) and didn't check it out before I left I looked inside and they never touched the trim pieces. the broken peeling pieces were still on there. Needless to say I got very upset. Then the service manager said that he ordered the entire header piece for the top of the wardrobe slide because Jayco changed the shape of it and he wanted everything to look right. So I asked why they said it was ready and I could pick it up, he had no answer. I told him I bought 2 Jayco trailers from them and my buddy bought 2 from them also and every time we have them in for service it is never done right and we have to bring them back again. I told him that in my opinion a bad service dept can destroy a good sales dept. I will never buy another rig from Richardson's RV.
Last time it was in there because the bottom left of one of the pantry doors was warped and was not closing all the way, This is the way they fixed that, they bent the hinge so the bottom of the door was against the cabinet but now there is a space you can stick you finger in. And the worst part is, they get about $150.00 an hour labor, good thing mine is warranty work.
And i disconnected the battery because I thought it might be there for a month, they connected it back up and it was dead when I picked up the trailer.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I would contact Jayco corporate directly and ask for the warranty service claim manager......, then I would advise him of the poor warranty service work you have experienced at the Jayco dealership in question. Heck, Jayco corporate is the one that reimburses these dealers for warranty service claims.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #3

Doesn't Richardson's claim to be the largest Jayco Dealer in California? If so I would think they are impacting a lot of Jayco customers with their service department and Jayco would like to know before they potentially lose more customers.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #4

I guess if customers who are clearly unsatisfied return for more of same, the dealer is doing okay.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #5

Not a service problem but a sales disappointment .
We bought our x23b last Jan. at the camper show. Had a couple of up grades so it had to be ordered. When it finally came in & we went to get it the sales guy was treacly bad abt not returning calls to us or our credit union. The evening we went to pick it up the dealer owner gave us the walk through then sent us to the sales department. To finish paper work.
The salesman went through the paper work & when it was done didn't shake our hand or even say thanks !! Didn't ask if we needed an extension cord, hose, awning lights or anything !
This dealer is less than an hour away from the Jayco plant.
We are so disappointed with the whole thing.
Djherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #6

Your not alone. I just picked up my trailer today which was to have a slide adjustment for the 2nd time (4 more weeks) and it looks like yours does from the outside with one corner that is not flush. It is still not flush and they have done all they can to adjust it . They have added bubble tape to seal any imperfections on the inside so it will seal.So we are not happy with it and they even noted on the repair order that the room is not square. So not sure what to do.