Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #1

I need a better mattress

Have a 2015 26 rLs Jay Flight. It came with a Denver Euro top mattress.
I am looking to replace it with a something firm . It is a short queen and not finding any really good replacements. Don't want a sleep number.
Input please .
Mike
Mikeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:58 AM   #2

We have the same mattress in our 22fb. We didn't like it either. We decided to try a memory foam cover 2" thick at Walmart ($100). What a difference it made and alot more reasonable than $800 to $1000 new mattress. It's 4" longer but no big deal, I may trim it down but thought I'd let ya know a simple alternative.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #3

I purchased a 3" memory foam mattress topper before my first outing. After a few nights on it, I found it to be too firm, and the "memory" left a depression that -when I tried to roll over or even change positions - kept rolling me back into the same spot. A couple of weeks ago, I read a post, here, where SmokerBill and Faucett suggested putting the mf topper under the mattress - sort of acts like a box spring. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I had a 1" corrugated foam rubber mattress topper that I added on top. That gave me the cushion of a pillow-top, while the memory foam underneath the mattress gave me the "gentle firmness" of a box spring. Best of both worlds for me!