Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #21
Sam

We like you Grumpy

I always enjoy your posts and usually learn from your experiences. I have been an RVer for many years, about 55 years give or take. Still learn tips from this forum. Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #22

I hope he stays too....like many have said, you still could have a lot to contribute!
Overogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #23

Stick around!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #24

I'm here guys, I would have left, but after listening to you guys, you convinced me. Picking my new trailer up tomorrow. Insurance was great. Excited about the new adventure.
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #25

OK, I'll bite, Curious, Why have the trailer water hooked to a timer? were you at home and have water hooked up that was connected on the same line with your sprinkler system?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismoore701 View Post
I must say, today is a sad day. I think I will be leaving you guys. I have a 2010 297 Bunkhouse. Well I managed to flood it over Labor Day weekend.

Here is the story. I noticed some rot under the rear bunk, the bracket for the arm for the awning was coming loose near the bottom of the trailer. So I got under and noticed the board it connects to was gone. This is the board above the steel frame, under the plywood floor. So I got into it and cut it out. Looking into what caused this rot, I connected the hose to the trailer thinking it may be coming from the bathtub. The hose was hooked on a timer for the sprinkler. I manual over rode the timer for 10 min. No water leaking. Called it a night. Come out the next morning and noticed water under the trailer. The timer had kicked on in the middle of the night and filled the grey tank, then the tub, then floor, then the heater duct, then the under belly, which includes the insulation. I can fix this. Well after looking into and realizing everything is wet in the underbelly including above the tanks, which I do not want to drop. So I call the insurance. They told me to take it to a local dealer. Results? $6,600 in damage, does not include the rot, that is not covered. Final result TOTALED. So now it is time to search for a comparable replacement. The dealer my trailer is at deals in Forest River, for the price, I can’t pass them up. Looking at a 274dbh. So with that being said, I think I have to wish you all a farewell and happy travels. I would like thank you all so much for all the advice you have given me over the years. So in turn use this little piece of advice. DO NOT HOOK YOUR TRAILER UP TO A WATER SUPPLY ON A TIMER AND LEAVE THE TUB FAUCET OPEN. Damn this sucks. Thanks again

Chris
Sorry to hear about the accident...but I agree that you should stay connected. The division may be different but they are all part of Thor Industries!
Acaltag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:22 AM   #27

From someone who owned a Jayco Swift Flight sleeps 3 and finding something comparable to this with bunks sleeping 5 I ended up with a Coachman Clipper. I love this TT. So I don't think you will be ejected either. They have not done me in so I don't think they will either. I do love the posts because I still learn things that I never thought. So as for that water hose? LOL Remind me never to use a self timer hose. Well at least you can go for something new. Enjoy the new TT.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #28

I have heard that I should be part of that Farmers Insurance Commercial. I have my hose hooked to the sprinkler and therefore the timer. Thought it was off, and only turned on for the 10 min. manual time. Well I was wrong. Picked the new trailer up on Friday. Amazed at how much stuff we keep on the trailer. Packed up and put in storage. First trip next weekend. Happy so far
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote