Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #21

We are on our third Jayco. The two year warranty is a big feature for us even though we have never really had to use it on our first two. Our latest unit is too new so far. The fit and finish on this new one is very good.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #22

Been very happy with both of our Jaycos. No problems with the 26BH bought slightly used. Our 27DSRL bought new a year ago, had to have awning motor replaced under a recall. (Came to our house to fix it.) Fresh water tank level indicator not working at present time; will get it fixed before warrantee is up, no big problem though. Drawer under the living room couch/bed gets stuck when pulling it out. Will fix this myself. All of us who own a regular home know the constant attention they require, and that a little preventative maintainance goes a long way to preventing bigger problems down the road.
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:22 AM   #23

I have to wonder about campers that have screws and seams and other stuff jiggle loose and come apart. Our Jayco has to endure five miles of horrible rocky road each time we take it out or bring it home. I'm talking max speed of 15 mph, a lot of distance at a walk speed, and we've only had the dining table base screws pull out and one valence pull away from the wall. It all makes me hesitant to take a chance with a new camper!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
I have to wonder about campers that have screws and seams and other stuff jiggle loose and come apart. Our Jayco has to endure five miles of horrible rocky road each time we take it out or bring it home. I'm talking max speed of 15 mph, a lot of distance at a walk speed, and we've only had the dining table base screws pull out and one valence pull away from the wall. It all makes me hesitant to take a chance with a new camper!
Yikes! I used to worry about a block of a gravel road that I drove less that 5 MPH because of the dust and pot holes. I can't imagine a 5 mile road. There are things you can do to your trailer to beef up the suspension to better help your trailer. Such as from Mor-Ryde. http://www.morryde.com/aftermarket/s...system-37.html
This may help you avoid the damage that is caused by poor roads. I added air bags to my Greyhawk because of rear sag. However I discovered that the road manners are better especially on rough roads.
2014 Greyhawk 31FS with a 2007 Tahoe toad
New setup:
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 with a 2017 Ford Explorer toad
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #25

Lovin' our first Jay having it over a year now with no money put in it jus mods. On the small side but it fits us we enjoy it every time out which about every other month. Wishing you the best in your decision !
Chuckwagon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #26

I bought new a 2002 Jayco Designer which I kept until last year. It sat on a permanent site in Maine. With the snow, and temp changes I did not have any problems. (None, zero, zilch) Was very satisfied with entire unit.
In 2011 I bought a new Jayco Skylark FKV. I had a loose fixture under the sink which dripped not poured. Called Jayco and they sent me an entire new fixture which I replaced.
Trailer has gone from NH to Florida 6 times. No leaks, no problems loved the trailer wish it was bigger. Was stored outside in NH for 3 winters.
Most people have the attitude " what I own is the best", I am sure there are probably equal, cheaper, more expensive units on the road, but am telling you the truth about my experience with Jayco. Am awaiting delivery of a new 2015 Jayco White Hawk 24RBS and am in hopes that it serves me as well as the other two. Each and every person has their own taste and experiences. I am hoping that whatever you choose you have the same joy I have had with my Jayco's. Good Luck, Best Wishes, Happy Trailering
rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #27

we bought ours used and no leaks its 2007 jayfeather sport 21b ...love it so far...lots of space. its 3 of us so its perfect queen bed and couch that fold out to a twin...if we do have company we have the dinette that converts to a full. we do have a problem with our heater for our water but havent even camped anywhere where we are able to use the shower so its been no problem so far

2007 Jay Feather Sport 218

2007 Honda Ridgeline
jaycojones is offline   Reply With Quote