Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmames View Post
Love our Coleman Road Trip XLE.
We have been happy with ours as well, just the clean up can be a little bit of a pain. Though I don't put water in the pan that surrounds the burners, maybe that would help.... Also, it does take up a fair amount of room. Not sure just how much smaller the Weber Q2000 is if it's worth the money changing (based on storage size and clean up)....

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltice View Post
Ontario hence I have to wait to try out the new toy when the white stuff is gone😀

Trailer Brake comes with the 15 Tundra (10300lbs)
Let's hope for a big but short winter
mYes Christies Campers is our Jayco dealer
They have been excellent to work with
Soltice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:19 PM   #23

Yes it is Cristies Camper Sales our Jayco dealer
Excellent to work with
Old 10-02-2015, 08:27 AM   #24

Lots of talk about fuses for the trailer. Don't forget extra fuses for the truck. I had my cord get pinched and shorted out. Had the cord replaced and all was well right? Nope, fuses in the truck blew too and they were different type than those in the trailer.

Lots of good suggestions here already. Especially to keep a notebook. I keep one and jot down vital stats of all our trips including distances, times, mpg, site numbers (ones we stayed in and ones that we recon for future trips, with notes), meal plans, grocery lists, to do lists... It's kind of like a simple camping journal that I can refer back to when I'm returning to a place I haven't been to in a while.
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #25

This may have been discussed already, I haven't read every post. But I see it's a light camper at 4,000# and you don't mention your tow vehicle (TV). The light weight makes me want to be sure you have enough TV to pull it and aren't planning on using something that just isn't suitable. A solid TV is the #1 "accessory" IMO!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
Quick question... Is the battery installed on the TT, or are they going to install it in the spring? If it is installed now, go over to the dealer and pull your main 30 amp fuse that is located near the battery, or the battery will be dead in a week or 2. The CO detector, radio circuit board, fridge circuit board, hot water circuit board all use a SMALL amount of 12VDC, and will discharge the battery in a week or 2. You also need to pull the fuse when you return from camping, unless you leave it plugged in to shore-power/home outlet.

Best idea, as you do not know if it is at a full charge would be to remove it and take it home with you and put it on a smart charger until spring. That will be one less thing you will need to worry about.

Did the dealer give your the walk through inspection and try all the things in the TT? If not take a trip and have them go through and test every item with you. This way you will be ready for the spring camping season.

Also make sure that they do not use your TT as a display model, you will be amazed at how much traffic will walk through it without your knowing.

Don
Thanks for the information
The trailer is being stored without battery
As 2016 we got this included
Our orientation is in the spring which is 8 hours long
I will have them install a battery cutoff switch
Old 10-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
Quick question... Is the battery installed on the TT, or are they going to install it in the spring? If it is installed now, go over to the dealer and pull your main 30 amp fuse that is located near the battery, or the battery will be dead in a week or 2. The CO detector, radio circuit board, fridge circuit board, hot water circuit board all use a SMALL amount of 12VDC, and will discharge the battery in a week or 2. You also need to pull the fuse when you return from camping, unless you leave it plugged in to shore-power/home outlet.

Best idea, as you do not know if it is at a full charge would be to remove it and take it home with you and put it on a smart charger until spring. That will be one less thing you will need to worry about.

Did the dealer give your the walk through inspection and try all the things in the TT? If not take a trip and have them go through and test every item with you. This way you will be ready for the spring camping season.

Also make sure that they do not use your TT as a display model, you will be amazed at how much traffic will walk through it without your knowing.

Don
Thanks for the information
The trailer is being stored without battery
As 2016 we got this included along with a WDH/ Swaybars
Our orientation is in the spring which is 8 hours long
I will have them install a battery cutoff switch
At purchase time our thoughts were a tow vehicle come spring
Well being impetuous we ended up with a 15 Tundra the very next week😀
Old 10-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #28

Dully noted
We bought the trailer 4550 manufacturing weight before a tow vehicle