Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #1

If I could change one thing

So thought it would be fun to start a thread.

If you could change one thing on your RV or trailer it would be???? or
The one thing I don't like on my RV or Travel Trailer is????

So if I could change one thing on my trailer it would be to have more seating available at night. They make these things able to sleep 10, but then where do you all sit.

So add at the end what you would change or don't like on you RV or trailer

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #2

Just have to add I LOVE MY TRAILER and Jayco.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #3

We so wish that the 1000 watt inverter also powered a kitchen outlet. Currently we have to run an extension cord from behind the TV, so that we can run the crock-pot and coffee maker while on the road (we set them in the sink).

I strongly suspect that whatever engineer designed that had never camped before!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #4

The seat backs of the table. I know a camper had to be light, but the flimsy seat back next to the door doesn't have enough support. It might be a future change that I make myself.

Sent via mobile - Chris
lightcs1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #5

If I could change on thing

1)Have the television on a something so that it could be pulled out and positioned to see it from the sofa. To watch TV in our 32BHDS you have to sit at the table. If you sit on the sofa your view of the TV is partially blocked. 2)Have a second ladder -or removable ladder - for the back bunk over the JayCube. 3) TV will swivel to bedroom, but if the grandkids are watching movies the controller for the DVD player is in the living area.
2017 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4
LesBevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:11 PM   #6
Site Team

I would install an outlet in the hallway to power a small electric heater that is not on the same GFCI as the kitchen outlets.

Every cold morning when I turn the coffee pot on it trips the breaker as soon as the heater cycles on.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:14 PM   #7

I would have to say it would be one of two different things.

With the frameless windows, and depending on the wind direction, it is almost impossible sometimes to create a good "breeze" throughout the trailer. This is due to 2 different "design" changes Jayco decided to do.

First, was that Jayco decided to omit the window in our 2017 330RSTS that the 2016 model had. This leaves a pencil window in the very rear of the trailer and two slide out windows in the bedroom on that side of the trailer. Makes it almost impossible to create a good cross breeze in the trailer.

So a good solution would have been to install a powered roof vent in the living area to assist with air flow. But Jayco dropped the ball yet again in my opinion, by not only installing a roof vent in the rear of the trailer in the same area as the pencil window, but left it a passive vent to boot.

So I wish they had either left the kitchen window there, or at least installed a "powered" roof vent more forward in the kitchen area to help create good airflow throughout the living/kitchen area.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #8

If I could change one thing it would be the location of my Jayco. It's at the house an it needs to be put by a fishin hole in the woods

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #9

I would remove the wraparound dining booth and replace it with a reclining loveseat. Then use a fold down table for dining. The booth is the only place to sit in our trailer and it is NOT comfortable !
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:28 PM   #10

I would put the iRV entertainment system on a pivoting mount like the TV is so it can be controlled from the bedroom side as well as the main area.

Although we only make one trip per year where we utilize shore power and use the TV.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:33 PM   #11

I would make sure the slide cleared the recliner rockers. In order to close the slide I have to fuss with one of the chair all the time. Now we just leave the chair at home as we don't use it that often.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
So thought it would be fun to start a thread.

If you could change one thing on your RV or trailer it would be???? or
The one thing I don't like on my RV or Travel Trailer is????

So if I could change one thing on my trailer it would be to have more seating available at night. They make these things able to sleep 10, but then where do you all sit.

So add at the end what you would change or don't like on you RV or trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBevil View Post
1)Have the television on a something so that it could be pulled out and positioned to see it from the sofa. To watch TV in our 32BHDS you have to sit at the table. If you sit on the sofa your view of the TV is partially blocked. 2)Have a second ladder -or removable ladder - for the back bunk over the JayCube. 3) TV will swivel to bedroom, but if the grandkids are watching movies the controller for the DVD player is in the living area.

I also would have the same requests. The seating in our wrap around table is ok, but in order to watch TV we have to convert the table to a bed and then three of us lay on that while my youngest sits on the couch to watch the TV. I have been thinking about buying a new TV and installing it where the mirror is - 32BHDS swings around on back of TV. I would mount the new larger TV on an arm that can swing around.

To add something for myself, it would be I wish Jayco had a deeper cabinet above the TV for the directv box as well as a plug in for two cable inputs and AC above the TV. I have to run the cables up there for AC and input for the directv box and I am always worried it will fall down. If I am getting everything I want, to conclude the TV would be add two cable inputs and a cigarette battery connection up near the top of my ladder for the directv satellite I have. I currently have only one input for the tuner and have to run the AC power to the outdoor kitchen on an adapter - I used to just plug it into the truck to get the signal but that is harder at some campgrounds.

Another thing I would have added if I thought about it was a second AC for the bunk room.

Can Jayco please add a switch for the fan in the bathroom near the light switch one day? My family is short as am I and it is difficult to open and turn on that fan when needed.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:23 PM   #13

If I could change one thing, it would be when towing the trailer, it is 20 foot and when I park, the inside is 40 foot, with three slides!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:10 PM   #14

I would add a skylight in the kitchen of my 2013 Eagle 31.5RLTS which we are doing.
Crablad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:32 PM   #15

How about a light switch for the light above the bed so my wife doesn't have to stand on the bed to turn the light on, or I don't have to leave my beer to do it for her.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 6.2 Max Tow
7700 GVWR 3.73 E-locker
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #16

I would build it higher off the ground so the sewer outlet doesn't drag on the ground when pulling into driveways of businesses or going over speed bumps in campgrounds.
sawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #17

I would get a full size slide out and instead of the j sofa I would have two recliner seat with a small table between

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:16 PM   #18

I would have mounted lights on the wall above the headboard area so when we read in bed, we have the lights behind us instead of above us shining in our eyes!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:42 PM   #19

I love everything on my trailer...

I have a few wishes but most I can change with some minor upgrades which I have been doing such as a Maxxair cover and a powerful bath fan. The new fan is so powerful that it creates a breeze throughout the trailer when I open a window.

However the biggest complaint and nothing I can do about it without paying a ton of money or risking ruining my trailer doing it myself is putting a vent/fan over the top bunk. It gets so hot up there even with AC blowing full blast. My son would be so happy with a little ventilation especially after a big burger and baked bean dinner. Lol

I have seen so many trailers from dealers and shows, I truly believe Jayco is a great product for the price. IMO

Happy Trails
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:14 AM   #20

Seems some of us have features that others don't. Must vary widely with model, age and expense. I'm pretty happy with my 5th but I do wish the bedroom had a light switch (instead of having to reach up and turn on the light on the ceiling). Lights (LED?) built into the side of the bedroom stair's step up would be nice too. I've misjudged it more then once in the dark so now I just set a battery powered puck light in the corner of the step. I just have to step on it to turn it on and I leave it on all night - battery seems to last for months. Not sure how a built in light would be activated - just an idea.
Max & Mocha May - Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
MzLiz is offline   Reply With Quote