Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #1

I'm Back !!

About a week ago I posted that I was trading in my 08 Jayco Jayflight 23 FB G2 for a 2012 Dutchman 278 RLS. well today I went to pick it up and what a mistake I almost made. On the walk thru there was so much wrong with the trailer I couldn't beleive it was a new unit, and it was a new unit. The electric stablizing jacks didn't work, the keyless entry didn't work (dead battery they said) the shower was leaking from a couple different places and the air conditioner vents of the ceiling look liked they were about ready to fall out. The sales man said they would take care of all that stuff but when we went into see the lady to do the final paper work she said "YOU GUYS DON'T LOOK HAPPY, WHATS WRONG? We told her about the trailer we were there to puck up and what a mess it was. There was a beautiful 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 29RLDS sitting on the showroom flood that we reallly liked but it was a 1 item special and when we were there last week it had a sold sign on it. The sold sign was gone and we told the lady that is the trailer we would really like to get. she said let me see what I can do for you, About 10 minutes later she came back and said the paperwork on the Dutchman had not gone to the DMV yet so we could trade for the Jayco. Praise GOD!! . Thursday we pick up our beautiful Jayco Jayflight 29 RLDS and are taking off on Friday. We have only owned 2 trailers both Jayco's and both bought from Richardson RV we love the quality of them. If any of you are in the market for a trailer or motor home and are in southern Calif give Richardson RV in sun city a try. These guys really care about their customers.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #2

We have the same trailer! You'll love it! The only thing I hate is trying to get the fitted sheet on that bed! It's a pretty fun time...Our outside speakers sound horrible but haven't wanted to take it back in yet...I made curtains for the bedroom including the second door-its amazing how much of a difference that made with cooling and sleeping in...hung them from a simple tension rod slid under the valance...darkens everything very well...let me know how ya like yours!
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #3

Welcome Back . a year ago we made a mistake by trading in our 2010 Jayco 19bh for a 2006 Airstream Bambi 19 . We were looking for a larger trailer and wound up with a smaller one . The Airstream was nice , but small , it had some leaks we had to fix and a very small bathroom . Well after a year we traded back to a 2013 Jayco 25BHS . After a few weeks , no issues ... knock on wood .
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #4

welcome back! good luck with the new tt........happy camping!
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #5

Welcome Back!! Glad to find those problems BEFORE you sign any paper!
I hope you enjoy your new JayFlight!!

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #6

Welcome back...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote