Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #1

I'm seeing a lot of our local dealer

As much as I bring my trailer in, I may have to add these people to my Christmas list.

We brought our trailer in after our first trip with some minor problems.

We brought our trailer in again after the second trip with a leak in the toilet, the control center not working, and a few other issues.

I jokingly asked the guy if my unit was built on a Friday after lunch.

Is it common to need to bring it in after every trip for the first year or so for warranty work?

Are you finding that these issues are resolved by the time the unit is out of warranty?

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #2

Mine was built on a Friday and I've never had it in for warranty work... Jayco makes 10's of thousands of units, some will have issues, most don't.

We are in ours 6 months a year..

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:30 PM   #3

Nope. We have visited our dealer and he does remember us but there have been three visits.. Only two warranty in 45000 miles.

Plus we ran into them today at the RV show and apologized for stiffing them with storage after the toilet repair they did in two hours two weeks ago. They said no problem We wont get storage fees
Our snowplow guy plowed the trailer slot in at home with a berm several feet deep. And the snow is not melting that fast.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #4

Our dealer seems really good.
I'm just hoping I didn't get a bad unit.
It's our first TT. We hope to keep it awhile.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
As much as I bring my trailer in, I may have to add these people to my Christmas list.

We brought our trailer in after our first trip with some minor problems.

We brought our trailer in again after the second trip with a leak in the toilet, the control center not working, and a few other issues.

I jokingly asked the guy if my unit was built on a Friday after lunch.

Is it common to need to bring it in after every trip for the first year or so for warranty work?

Are you finding that these issues are resolved by the time the unit is out of warranty?
I had a Sabre prior to my new North Point and I would say that almost every trip we made the first year ended with us dropping it off at the dealer on the way back. The second year I actually made it home after every trip. So yes I would say that some trailers get a look at after most trips to get the bugs out that the mfr. put in.
retiredmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredmsgt View Post
I had a Sabre prior to my new North Point and I would say that almost every trip we made the first year ended with us dropping it off at the dealer on the way back. The second year I actually made it home after every trip. So yes I would say that some trailers get a look at after most trips to get the bugs out that the mfr. put in.
Thank you. This is encouraging.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #7

Never went back to the dealer once. Some will take it back for everything which is fine others don't mind fixing themselves. I only had a few problems and requested parts sent to me which they did and I fixed myself
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Never went back to the dealer once. Some will take it back for everything which is fine others don't mind fixing themselves. I only had a few problems and requested parts sent to me which they did and I fixed myself
X2
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:14 PM   #9

not a problem as I know that it is frustrating, but hey it is memories
retiredmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #10

Lots of people report similar experiences to yours. The quality control isn't what we'd hope it to be but if yiur dealer is working with you that's a good start.
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyDad View Post
Lots of people report similar experiences to yours. The quality control isn't what we'd hope it to be but if yiur dealer is working with you that's a good start.
My dealer has been very good about fixing it. They did question when we had the water leak and wanted to know if I used a water pressure regulator. Of course, I always do.
Otherwise, they fix everything with no argument. I'm just nervous. Hoping I didn't get a bad unit, and definitely hoping it all gets fixed before the warranty goes out.
I know with my cars, I rarely have trouble with them as long as I keep up with maintenance. It hasn't been so with the camper.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #12

2 1/2 years still trying to get the warranty completed from the two year warranty!16 Eagle 321 RSTS!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:07 PM   #13

Mine was built on a Friday too!! Lol!

I’ve had a few warranty items. Some I fixed myself with provided parts, others I had the dealer repair. In both cases my trailer has not left my seasonal site since day one. My dealer made a remote service call to replace my awning and fix the backward plumbing of outside shower.
I replaced the propane regulator, a window shade and a draw curtain that covers the slider. I’ve also addressed some loose plumbing fittings myself.
My warranty ends on April 20th, so any problems from here on out will be on me.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:04 AM   #14

My first trailer was built at their Idaho plant and it had a lot of problems and things not right. Outside electrical outlet not even hooked up, sealant missing from around the other electrical outlet, large uneven gaps around the pass-thru storage compartment door and frame, ridge in the floorboards under the linoleum, bubbling roof membrane, etc.

My current trailer has been great, except for a bent axle which was more of a design fault by Jayco than a construction thing. It is a bit of a gamble, but I do find it interesting that the trailer that came out of the main plant was better than their other, smaller plant.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #15

We purchased a 195RB SLX new in 2015. We have had no issues whatsoever and by now it is out of warranty. We have had no warranty issues with the camper at all. Very happy with it.
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #16

Wish we had your good fortune! Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote